Chapter 20

In the next morning.

"Ali... Wake up.." Arjen shook her body slowly. He was awake because of Arien suddenly panic. Alice open her eyes and sit up slowly. She looked around and saw the servants already in front them.

"A͢h͢, t͢h͢a͢t͢'s͢ ri͢g͢h͢t͢. T͢h͢e͢ E͢m͢p͢e͢ro͢r's͢ ro͢o͢m͢.."

"Good morning, Your Imperial Highnesses." The servants said bowing down at them. "They clearly look like high-rank maids.." Alice thought looking at them.

The maids brought them for wash their face. Alice who put her bang away with her hair pin and revealing her special eyes. The maid gently wipe her face with a fluffy towel. "What time is it?" Alice thought and look at the clock. "Huh??"

"T͢w͢o͢.. T͢w͢o͢ o͢'c͢l͢o͢c͢k͢?!?!"

"It's not 2am, right...?" Alice asked in telepathy.

"Waah! It's two o'clock?!?!" Arien asked in telepathy.

"It's clearly is not." Arjen said in telepathy.

"We did go to sleep late last night, but 2 o'clock.." Alice said in telepathy.

"If Ishina were here, she would've woken us up early enough for us to have plenty of time left before the day starts..." Alice thought.

The three already bath and dressed up. They always have same color together. Alice wear a same dress like Arien but with different hair style. Alice told the maids to let her wear pony tails but still hide her eyes.

After their bath, the servants prepared the dining tables for them. Arien sit beside Arjen while Alice sit beside Arjen meaning he between them.

"We have prepared your meal." The maids said bowing down at them. Arien turn at her. "They even brought it to the room..." Alice thought. "Ah.. Thank you." Arien said making they flinched.

"Your Imperial Highness, you must not speak politely to me." The same maid said nervously at her. "Ah.." Arien said. Alice and Arjen turn at them.

The servants stare at Arien nervously. "Under... Stood..." Arien said. They sighed in relief when she said that.

"Please tell us if you have any food in mind that would you like to eat." The maid said to them. Alice shake her head at her. "Ah.. No.. Okay." Arien said nervously.

"I͢s͢h͢i͢n͢a͢'s͢ m͢e͢n͢u͢ w͢a͢s͢ a͢l͢re͢a͢d͢y͢ a͢n͢ e͢x͢t͢ra͢v͢a͢g͢a͢n͢t͢ f͢e͢a͢s͢t͢, b͢u͢t͢ t͢h͢i͢s͢.. I͢ d͢o͢n͢'t͢ t͢h͢i͢n͢k͢ I͢'v͢e͢ e͢v͢e͢r s͢e͢e͢n͢ a͢ m͢e͢a͢l͢ f͢a͢n͢c͢i͢e͢r t͢h͢a͢n͢ t͢h͢i͢s͢..."

"So good...! The Emperor gets to eat things like this everyday?" Alice cried in her mind and take a bite from the steak. Arjen beside her just play with a soup at his plate. Arien and Alice noticed his behavior.

"Arjen, what's wrong?" Arien asked in telepathy.

"Is your body not better yet, Big Brother?" Alice asked in telepathy.

"Yeah.. It's seem I haven't completely recovered from yesterday. But, I'll get better soon." Arjen said in telepathy.

"I'm worried.. He usually eat a lot." Alice thought look at Arjen in worried. Arien also look at him in worried.

"Does the meal suit your taste?" The maid come and asked Alice. Alice turn at her and nodded, smiling at her. "Yes." Alice said. The maid smiled at her.

"His Majesty enjoy these entrees. If you like them, we'll serve these more often from now on." The maid said to Alice. Alice's smile drop when she heard it.

"M͢o͢re͢ o͢f͢t͢e͢n͢.. D͢o͢ w͢e͢ h͢a͢v͢e͢ t͢o͢ s͢t͢a͢y͢ h͢e͢re͢ f͢o͢re͢v͢e͢r..?"

"H͢a͢.. I͢ d͢o͢n͢'t͢ u͢n͢d͢e͢rs͢t͢a͢n͢d͢ w͢h͢a͢t͢ T͢h͢e͢ E͢m͢p͢e͢ro͢r i͢s͢ t͢h͢i͢n͢k͢i͢n͢g͢."

Alice take a bite of her steak and look down. "It's tasty though..." Alice though.

After their breakfast or lunch.

"The Emperor has sent some presents." The maids said showing them a big present box.

"Huh? Presents?" Arien asked. They were rest in the couch. Arjen was let his head on Arien's shoulder while Alice beside him playing with Arjen's hand.

"H͢a͢h͢?!"

The maids open the box. It's was a Imperial Palace make from glasses or diamonds. "I don't know what is that but it's surely expensive." Alice thought.

"From now on, please play to your heart's content." The maids said. Behind her have servants that already prepared a toys.

"Huh? What about our usual lessons and walks?" Alice asked them. Arjen already look at the servants.

"For the time being, you aren't allowed to leave this room without The Emperor's permission. But we shall provide you with anything you want so, please tell us." The maids said.

Arien and Arjen stare at them in shock. Alice just look at the toys and look at the maids.

"Give me a books about a magic." Alice said to them. They bowed at her. "Yes, Your Imperial Highness." They said before give her a bunch of books. Arien and Arjen look at her in disbelief.

"Are you seriously study when we can play?" Arjen asked in telepathy.

"Hehe. I just don't want to play. You two can play with it." Alice said in telepathy.

"That's why Ali is more smart than us even we're older." Arien said in telepathy.

After an hours.

Arjen put the last piece of puzzle. "A 3000 piece puzzle, all done.." Arjen panting lightly. Arien in front of her while Alive still read the book at the couch. "You worked so hard, you... Well I did too, but.." Arien said to him.

"You did great, Big Brother." Alice said looking at him. The maid come at her and serve her a juice that they prepared.

"Here is for you, Your Imperial Highness. You must feeling tired after read some books." The maid said to her. Alice put down the book and take it.

"Ah.. What's your name?" Alice tried so hard to talk casually to them. The maid bowed at her. "I'm Sara, Your Imperial Highness." Sara said to her. Alice nodded at her and take a sip from the juice.

"Do you want to be my personal maid? I know that you're help me from yesterday and this morning." Alice asked at her. Sara look at her in shock. "If The Emperor give me permission, Your Highness." Sara said. Alice nodded at her.

"R͢i͢g͢h͢t͢. W͢e͢ n͢e͢e͢d͢ T͢h͢e͢ E͢m͢p͢e͢ro͢r p͢e͢rm͢i͢s͢s͢i͢o͢n͢ o͢n͢ e͢v͢e͢ry͢t͢h͢i͢n͢g͢. W͢h͢a͢t͢ i͢s͢ h͢e͢ t͢h͢i͢n͢k͢i͢n͢g͢ a͢b͢o͢u͢t͢ u͢s͢ a͢c͢t͢u͢a͢l͢l͢y͢? O͢r m͢o͢re͢ e͢x͢a͢c͢t͢l͢y͢ a͢b͢o͢u͢t͢ m͢e͢..?"

"Your Imperial Princess. I can prepared anything else is you want anything." Sara said to her. Alice look at her.

"We'll stop playing..." Alice heard Arien said in their place. Alice look at them before look at Sara. "I'll stop reads. Big Sister and Big Brother look like they'll stop." Alice said to her.

"Then we'll bring you to the Emperor." Sara said politely. "What?!" Alice thought shocked at her.

"W͢h͢y͢ a͢re͢ t͢h͢e͢y͢ s͢u͢d͢d͢e͢n͢l͢y͢ t͢a͢l͢k͢i͢n͢g͢ a͢b͢o͢u͢t͢ t͢h͢e͢ E͢m͢p͢e͢ro͢r?!"

In another place.

A group of horse and knights kneel down in front of The Emperor.

"I don't know if the kids will like it..."