Chapter 44

Someone was step into a basement with some knights guard from outside.

"Who goes there?" One of the knights asked. "I came at His Majesty's order." The person said.

"I have a brought a food food for the prisoner, Duke Rosea." Riolu said at them.

"Was he the one in charge bringing food? Look at his scars... How cruel." Another Knight said. "I'm not sure..." The first knights said back. At another place, the real person who should brought a food was passing out.

"Let's see what it is. Meat pie? Wow, even if he's in prison, he's still a Duke." The second Knight said. "Very well, you may enter." The first one said to Riolu.

Riolu walk in to the room and knock the door. "I have brought your food, Duke Rosea." Riolu said and pull the food to him.

"... The pie contains the last piece of cheese. Please be careful while eating." Riolu said to him from outside the door.

Duke Rosea grumble the center of the pie and reveal something inside it. "How wonderful." Duke Rosea said smirking evilly.

Riolu just stare the door. "Things will get chaotic in a couple of hours." Riolu thought.

At the triplets place.

Arjen, Arien and Alice was lay down on Alice's bed together. The three stare around the room.

"T͢o͢d͢a͢y͢ i͢s͢ t͢h͢e͢ d͢a͢y͢ t͢o͢ l͢e͢a͢v͢e͢ f͢o͢r D͢e͢l͢o͢rn͢i͢n͢a͢ C͢a͢s͢t͢l͢e͢."

In the morning.

The triplets was prepared and get ready with some maids help them.

"... It's done." Ishina said. All the maids that serve them look at them from behind her. The triplets just look down in sadness.

"His Majesty, the Crown Prince, and the Third Prince are waiting for you outside." Ishina said. "What about the Second Prince?" Arien asked.

"... It may be hard for the Second Prince to come." Ishina hesitantly said.

"'M͢a͢y͢b͢e͢ h͢a͢rd͢ f͢o͢r h͢i͢m͢ t͢o͢ c͢o͢m͢e͢'...? H͢o͢w͢ u͢n͢l͢i͢k͢e͢ I͢s͢h͢i͢n͢a͢ t͢o͢ b͢e͢ u͢n͢s͢u͢re͢ o͢f͢ h͢e͢rs͢e͢l͢f͢..."

"... W͢e͢l͢l͢, i͢t͢ s͢h͢o͢u͢l͢d͢ b͢e͢ f͢i͢n͢e͢."

"I understand." Arien said. "Let us take our leave. We have loaded the carriage with your belongings." Sara said.

At outside.

"Alice, Arjen, Arien~!" Eiji happily waved at them. The Emperor and Loyd also come at there.

"You guys are cute today too! Ah~ I don't want to send you three off~ should I kidnap you to my castle instead?!" Eiji said. The triplets falter at him. "You're going overboard, Eiji." Loyd said.

Arjen, Arien and Alice glance at the Emperor but he just look down and didn't look at them.

".. H͢i͢s͢ M͢a͢j͢e͢s͢t͢y͢ s͢t͢i͢l͢l͢ h͢a͢v͢e͢n͢'t͢ s͢a͢i͢d͢ a͢ w͢o͢rd͢. Y͢e͢a͢h͢, w͢e͢l͢l͢, w͢e͢ d͢o͢n͢'t͢ h͢a͢v͢e͢ a͢n͢y͢t͢h͢i͢n͢g͢ t͢o͢ s͢a͢y͢ t͢o͢ h͢i͢m͢ e͢i͢t͢h͢e͢r... S͢i͢n͢c͢e͢ t͢h͢i͢s͢ i͢s͢ g͢o͢o͢d͢b͢y͢e͢."

"I volunteered to guard you guys all the way to Castle. I'll protect you guys along the way." Eiji said. "Guard..?" Alice asked.

"T͢h͢e͢ P͢ri͢n͢c͢e͢ w͢i͢l͢l͢ p͢e͢rs͢o͢n͢a͢l͢l͢y͢...?"

"We don't know what may happen. It'll be safe with me and Killua." Eiji said.

"I would like to go too, but I can't leave the Crown Prince's seat empty... I believe it's more than enough to send Eiji, with his proficiency in combat." Loyd said.

"A͢re͢ t͢h͢e͢y͢ b͢e͢i͢n͢g͢ t͢o͢o͢ t͢h͢o͢ro͢u͢g͢h͢...? W͢a͢s͢ i͢t͢ b͢e͢c͢a͢u͢s͢e͢ o͢f͢ t͢h͢e͢ a͢t͢t͢a͢c͢k͢ f͢ro͢m͢ l͢a͢s͢t͢ t͢i͢m͢e͢...?"

"Yes..." Arien said. "Then we'll be on our ways." Alice said. "Yeah, we have nothing to say." Arjen said. "Already?!" Eiji asked in shock.

"... Be safe on your travels." The Emperor suddenly said make the triplets pause.

Alice glance at the Emperor and ignore the princes. Alice can saw a sadness from his expression when he's looking down. Arjen and Arien saw it too but the Emperor quickly turn away from them.

"Why... Why are you looking at us like that? You're the one do this first." Alice though gripping her dress slightly and look away from the princes.

After that, the triplets along with Ishina and Sara enter the carriage together. The Knights also protecting the carriage.

"Killua, stay on top of the carriage and be on the look out for the front." Eiji said to Killua. "Okay." Killua said. "I'll follow behind." Eiji said.

"Since you have a bird's eye view of things, you should be able to see anything that comes our way." Eiji said. "Got it." Killua said.

Killua transformed into a green hawk. "Be careful, Eiji." Killua said in his form. "Okay." Eiji said.

"Then I should also start heading out... Huh?" Eiji said with his horse. He notice something from behind.

"That kid... Isn't he Arjen, Arien and Alice's servant?" Eiji thought when he saw Riolu.

"Hey! You there! Why are you going separately?!" Eiji shouted at him loudly.

Riolu just glance at him before turn and run towards the forest. Eiji look at him in shock and confusion.

At the carriage with triplets.

"... Riolu is probably following us, right?" Alice asked Sara. Arien was holding some book while Arjen is eating a snacks that Ishina prepared. Alice was playing with her bang.

"I'm sure he's with other servants." Sara said. She was seating beside Ishina. "... Yeah." The three said.

"When we get to the castle... We want to be with Riolu." The three though.

"You there- why are you running away so suddenly?" Eiji said quickly follow Riolu. Riolu stops in his track.

"How foolish. Did you think someone like you could outrun someone from the Imperial Family?" Eiji said coming closer to him.

"... What a funny jerk. How dare you not respond." Eiji said in anger when Riolu just stayed silence.

"You're someone who's treasured by Arjen, Arien and Alice. Weren't you supposed to go togeth-" Eiji said putting his hand on his shoulder and stop when he saw Riolu face.

"The scar... On your face...?!" Eiji said in shock.

"You insolent...?!" Eiji said. Riolu quickly smack behind his neck to make he collapsed at there.

"I'm sure the ever-so-mighty Imperial Family won't be affected by any normal poison... But what about one that can put even a dragon to sleep?" Riolu said. Something behind Eiji's neck was the thing that make he weak.

"Ur... Urk..." Eiji weakly said. "It may be difficult for you for a few days, but you won't die." Riolu said.

"Just think of it as a small trick played by a lowly human... Third Prince." Riolu said.

"Ki-... Killua..." Eiji though his guardian name before close his eyes.

Killua heard Eiji said and feel that he's in danger. Killua screech loudly make everyone close their ears.

"Ack!!" Alice and Arjen said. "The cry of a bird?!" Arien asked. Sara and Ishina also close their ears.

"Lord Killua?!" The Knights asked when they saw that Killua fly at somewhere else. "Where is he going so suddenly...!" Another Knights said.

"What in the world is happening?" The Knights murmur to each other. "He suddenly headed back towards the palace..." Another Knights said.

Without everyone knowing, a three figures slide from the forest. One of them smirk evilly and prepared some black magic at their hand.