Chapter 52

"D͢u͢k͢e͢ R͢o͢s͢e͢a͢...!"

The Emperor used his magic on Duke Rosea make him kneel down and trembling slightly. Riolu look at him in shock.

"Ugh...!" Duke Rosea groan in pain. "I will show you mercy in consideration of your connection to the Empress." The Emperor said coldly.

"Let's go back to the Imperial city obediently-" The Emperor said but Duke Rosea cut him off. "Ugh.. Don't.. Be so hypocritical, Your Majesty...!" Duke Rosea said slowly.

"If it weren't you... The Empress's... Elona's death... Would not have happened." Duke Rosea said.

"Does the Duke hold a grudge because of the late Empress?" Arien asked in telepathy.

"Maybe." Alice said in telepathy.

"I guess so." Arjen said in telepathy.

"... Elona was ill. She originally only had three years to live." The Emperor said.

"I transferred my guardian to her to slow the progression of her disease." The Emperor said.

"Elona... Was allowed a few more years to live because of the guardian's powers." The Emperor said. The triplets look at him in shock when he said that.

"But I couldn't stop her death. I blamed myself for being unable to protect my wife, but..." The Emperor said.

Flashback.

"Don't blame yourself." The Empress said holding The Emperor's hand while she lay down on the bed.

"I don't regret it. Marrying you made me really happy." The Empress smiling softly at the Emperor.

Flashback end.

"To say that Elona died because of me... Would be an insult to her, Duke." The Emperor said glaring down at Duke Rosea.

"Y͢o͢u͢r M͢a͢j͢e͢s͢t͢y͢..."

"What nonsense. You had an ulterior motive from the start." Duke Rosea said.

"The fourth daughter of a low-ranking noble... You chose a stranger that would never be able to threaten your power! Because she was easy!" Duke Rosea yelled.

"Elona is not an object you can just choose. I proposed to her, and she choose me." The Emperor said.

"No way! I chose Elona first! She should've been my woman- but you stole her!" Duke Rosea yelled.

"The stuff this guy is saying is disgusts me." Arien said in telepathy.

"Me too." Arjen said in telepathy.

"He thinks of people as his property. That's why he was dumped..." Alice said in telepathy.

"She fell ill because a daughter from such an insignificant family was undeserving of a high position so high! It's all because of you!" Duke Rosea yelled.

"I͢s͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢ w͢h͢a͢t͢ y͢o͢u͢ s͢a͢y͢ a͢b͢o͢u͢t͢ t͢h͢e͢ p͢e͢rs͢o͢n͢ y͢o͢u͢ l͢i͢k͢e͢...?"

"I mean..." Alice said in telepathy.

"Doesn't it seem like his inferiority complex to the Emperor has driven him a bit crazy?" Alice said in telepathy.

"Yeah." Arjen and Arien said in telepathy.

The Emperor put a stronger magic on Duke Rosea make he groan loudly. "Ugh... Argh!" Duke Rosea groan in pain. "You don't know what you're talking about." The Emperor said.

"Don't say my wife's name with your dirty mouth." The Emperor said. "Ack... Ack...!" Duke Rosea almost rumble on the floor because of the Emperor's magic.

"You... Have no right to say that...! Ugh...! Look at what you're holding, Your Majesty...!" Duke Rosea said.

"You created those dirty bastards!" Duke Rosea yelled at him loudly. Arjen, Arien and Alice flinch at him.

"You sound so innocent... But you've been with another woman-" Duke Rosea said but the Emperor cut him off. "No." The Emperor said.

"I have never- betrayed my wife." The Emperor said. The triplets staring at him.

"W͢h͢a͢t͢...? I͢ d͢o͢e͢s͢n͢'t͢ s͢e͢e͢m͢ l͢i͢k͢e͢ a͢ l͢i͢e͢..."

"S͢i͢n͢c͢e͢ w͢e͢'re͢ h͢e͢re͢, t͢h͢a͢t͢ c͢a͢n͢'t͢ b͢e͢ t͢ru͢e͢..."

"And, Duke Rosea." The Emperor said.

A crash can heard from Duke Rosea's body make him scream in pain loudly. "Argh!"

"If you say that again, I'll turn your body to dust." The Emperor said.

"These children are mine... And are members of the Imperial family that you serve." The Emperor said looking at the triplets. Arjen, Arien and Alice blushing when he said that.

"H͢e͢ s͢a͢i͢d͢ i͢t͢... A͢g͢a͢i͢n͢."

"T͢h͢a͢t͢ w͢e͢'re͢ h͢i͢s͢ c͢h͢i͢l͢d͢re͢n͢, t͢h͢a͢t͢ w͢e͢'re͢ m͢e͢m͢b͢e͢rs͢ o͢f͢ t͢h͢e͢ I͢m͢p͢e͢ri͢a͢l͢ f͢a͢m͢i͢l͢y͢..."

"G-Gah! Riolu...!" Duke Rosea call his name. Riolu turn at him.

Duke Rosea take out something from his clothes and throw it at Riolu. "Your Grace, this is...?" Riolu asked.

"Hurry and use it!! Obtaining it was hard!" Duke Rosea yelled at him.

"Now that it has come to this... I'll destroy the Emperor here!" Duke Rosea said. Riolu stare at the scroll.

"I can feel the twisted mana... It's a dangerous thing, covered with tenacious curses." Riolu thought.

"An illegal scroll? Funny." The Emperor said. The triplets stare at them.

"Don't bluff, Your Majesty! Riolu! Get rid of the Emperor with it!" Duke Rosea yelled.

"... It can be dangerous." Riolu said. "So what?! Use it now!!" Duke Rosea yelled.

"You're aware that your father's life is in my hands, right?! As his child, you should sacrifice yourself for him, you idiot!!" Duke Rosea said in rage.

"... I know." Riolu said.

Arjen, Arien and Alice stare at him nervously. "... Riolu?" The three thought.

Riolu activated the scroll using his mana. The Emperor make a shield from his magic for protect him and the triplets.

"Don't worry." The Emperor said. Arjen, Arien and Alice stare at him.

"Haha! That cost a lot of money...! Even the Emperor won't be able to stop it!" Duke Rosea said proudly.

"How foolish." The Emperor said. "Aren't you too confident...?" The triplets thought.

"I'm ready." Riolu said after activated the scroll.

"Hahaha!! Go die, Your Ma-" Duke Rosea said proudly.

"Jesty....?" Duke Rosea finished his sentence. The black scroll come at him. "Huh?" Duke Rosea asked. The Emperor and the triplets staring at him.

"Aahhhhhhhhhh!" Duke Rosea started screaming loudly.

"Why? Why me... Why me...?!" Duke Rosea asked Riolu.

"You, you! How dare you betray me?! Argh!!" Duke Rosea said. Riolu just staring at him blankly.

"It is... Time to pay for our sins, Duke Rosea." Riolu said.