Chapter 28

"Argh!! Aarghhh!!"

"Ugh- what is this?" Eiji said.

"I haven't even started yet, but you're already such a crybaby." Eiji said as he step someone and tightening a rope around him. "It's hurts!! It's hurts!! Owwwwww!" The man yelled.

"I rushed over here because I heard they caught someone that was involved in the attack." Eiji said darkly at him.

"But to think that it was someone who lacked tenacity like this, I'm disappointed. Killua, are you sure this is the guy?" Eiji glance behind him.

"Are you doubting me now? That hurts." Killua, Eiji's guardian said to him.

"Eiji, listen. There are not many who can use magic with murderous intent in this country. At most, it would be a couple of illegal magicians from the slums." Killua said walking toward him.

"It's also not just regular magic. If we were to compare it to a type of medicine, this would be similar to narcotics. And to use magic like that within the Imperial Palace?" Killua said.

"That means that in one way or another, somebody equal to or higher than a noble is involved." Killua said.

"I know that much. I'm asking why you caught this one." Eiji said and stomping his feet on that man body repeatedly. "Owww! Owww!" He screamed.

"This one here is a black market grimoire merchant. But guess where I caught him?" Killua asked him. Eiji looked at him in question.

"At the back gate of Count Clone. He has been spotted a couple of times near the Count's estate in the past month. He probably sold a number of illegal grimoires." Killua said.

"A month... That is right after Arien, Arjen and Alice arrived." Eiji thought darkly. "That rat bastard.. I'll break him into pieces." Eiji clench his teeth in anger.

"Hey~ Calm down a bit." Killua put his hand at Eiji's head.

"Do you really think Count Clone is the 'brain' behind all this? That small-minded man?" Killua asked him. "Now that you mention it..." Eiji said. "Right? So, let's slowly investigate this and see how it plays out." Killua said.

"After all, isn't 'hunting' your specialty? Eiji." Killua said patting Eiji's head.

"... Fine. I'll chew them up into a pieces the moment I caught them." Eiji said.

"That so called 'brain'."

The triplets stare at Duke Rosea and his son. "Fr..." The three thought.

"Friend?" The three thought in shock.

"Is he for real?" Alice asked in telepathy.

"Asking to be our friend with that blank expression, he has to be joking..." Arien said in telepathy.

"Right?" Arjen said in telepathy.

"B͢u͢t͢, I͢'v͢e͢ n͢e͢v͢e͢r t͢h͢o͢u͢g͢h͢t͢ o͢f͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢ a͢f͢t͢e͢r b͢e͢i͢n͢g͢ b͢o͢rn͢ i͢n͢t͢o͢ t͢h͢i͢s͢ w͢o͢rl͢d͢."

"'F͢ri͢e͢n͢d͢s͢'..."

"You've arrived." The Emperor suddenly appeared behind them make they flinched.

"We greet His Imperial Majesty." Duke Rosea and his son kneel down at him. Arjen, Arien and Alice glance behind them. "The Emperor..." Alice thought.

"... The Rosea Family is one of the most distinguished noble families in this country." The Emperor explained to them.

The triplets look at him in question. "Ah... Yes..." Arien said slowly.

"That child, the heir to the Rosea dukedom, has shown exemplary qualities despite his age." The Emperor said again. The three still look at him in confusion. "You flatter us, Your Majesty." Duke Rosea said.