Chapter 43

The Emperor and Loyd was walking toward the basement where Duke Rosea was arrested.

"Greetings to His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor, and His Highness, the Crown Prince." Duke Rosea greet them once they enter the room.

The Emperor step closer to him and let out his bloodlust. "Never mind the greetings." The Emperor said slowly at him.

"Is it true that you're an accomplice to the group threatening my children?" The Emperor asked him and let out his green magic and bloodlust.

"... Certainly not. How could I threaten the Imperial Family?" Duke Rosea said still bowed down at him.

"... There's evidence." Loyd said looking down at him. Duke Rosea look up at him.

"The magic used to attack the children. And the merchant that sells grimoires. Also, Count Clone, who was in contact with the merchant." Loyd said.

"When Eiji caught and imprisoned the merchant, Count Clone was looking a new merchant and was also caught in Eiji's trap." Loyd said.

"Count Clone... He was being watched? No wonder he didn't contact me... Stupid bastard!" Duke Rosea thought.

"After a few days of little activity, the first place Count Clone was decided to visit was- your estate, Duke." Loyd said.

"Beside that... I heard that the aristocrats who were at odds with the Imperial family had gathered at your estate." Loyd said.

"... I was not aware that they had any disagreement with the Imperial family. I just invited some old friends to my son's recital." Duke Rosea calmly said.

"Would you doubt the high ranking nobles of this Empire, simply because they accepted my invitation?" Duke Rosea asked. Loyd was looking down and thinking what he saying.

"Duke Rosea." The Emperor call his name. He still let out his bloodlust.

"Answer me, in the name of the Empress. Are you a traitor to the Imperial family?" The Emperor asked him in rage.

"You mean... In Her Majesty's memory, right?" Duke Rosea asked.

"What's with this atmosphere?" Loyd though looking at the Emperor nervously.

"... I swear. I solemnly swear. You truly never change, Your Majesty." Duke Rosea said clenching his hand at his heart.

"Do you enjoy testing the people around you?" Duke Rosea calmly asked him.

"If it weren't for you, The Empress... Elona would not have been so unhappy." Duke Rosea said. The Emperor snap at the name from his mouth.

"Silence, Duke! How dare you casually use my mother's name and speak so profanely!" Loyd yelled at him. "It was His Majesty who first spoke of the Empress." Duke Rosea said.

"Your Majesty, the Emperor... Do you not feel responsible for the Empress's death?" Duke Rosea asked.

The Emperor use his magic on his feet make it crumble in rage. Loyd look at his father in shock.

"Starting over tomorrow, lock the children's up until they safely arrive at Delornina Castle. I will conduct a more detailed interrogation later." The Emperor said.

"Take care of the rest, Loyd." The Emperor said before go out from there. "Yes, Father." Loyd said.

"... We are currently investigating your ducal estate. Be prepared if something comes up." Loyd said to Duke Rosea.

"In two days... You will be the ones that have to be prepared, my Royal family." Duke Rosea though smirking evilly.

The next morning.