Chapter 23

Alice, Arjen and Arien was walking with servants behind them. "Hmm?" They hummed in question.

"W͢h͢o͢'s͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢.... N͢e͢x͢t͢ t͢o͢ t͢h͢e͢ E͢m͢p͢e͢ro͢r?"

"I wonder who that is?" Arien asked in telepathy.

"He looks like noble.." Alice said in telepathy.

"It's seem like he's begging for something?" Arjen said in telepathy.

"I don't need to listen to this anymore." The Emperor said. "But, Your Majesty..." The noble nervously said. "It'd be weird timing for us to pass by now..." Alice said slowly to her twins. "Stop." The Emperor said.

"Don't make me repeat myself, Count Clone." The Emperor threat him.

"I-I shall take my leave..." Count Clone said. "Wow.. The Emperor sure is intimidating.." The triplets thought. The Emperor notice them.

Count Clone was about to walk but stop when they saw them.

"... Greetings Imperial Prince and Imperial Princesses." He said bowed at them.

"T͢h͢i͢s͢ p͢e͢rs͢o͢n͢ i͢s͢ a͢l͢s͢o͢ i͢n͢t͢i͢m͢i͢d͢a͢t͢i͢n͢g͢."

"He's obviously like that because we're illegitimate children." Arjen said in telepathy.

"Sigh, I'm sick of this.." Arien said in telepathy.

"Let's just go eat." Alice said in telepathy.

The Emperor come in front them make they look at him in question.

"You came." The Emperor said to them.

"Ah.. Yes.." Arjen said. "Drastic differences." Arien and Alice thought.

They walked to the dining room together. The Princes notice them. "Father." Loyd said. "Arien, Arjen, Alice!" Eiji happily call their name.

"Hi~" Alex greet them. "Congrats on your manifestation! What would you like as a presents?" Eiji asked Arjen. "I'm okey..." Arjen said. "Ugh.. Next to the third Prince..." Arjen thought.

"You two didn't grow much." Loyd asked Alice and Arien who seat beside him. "Sorry? Ah.." Arien said.

"We're a bit tiny..." Alice said. "What.. Is he going to lend us some of his height or something..." Arien slowly said. "I-I didn't mean it in a bad way.." Loyd said to them.

"They're very cute. How can you say that older brother~" Alex said smiling at him. "W-what I mean was..." Loyd said. "I'm pretty sure he's doing that on purpose.." Arien and Alice thought.

"I'm really happy that you guys were able to manifest because that's mean the Royal blood is still strong. I'm glad." Alex said.

"I don't like.. Being the Emperor's child." Arjen said in telepathy.

"Same." Alice said in telepathy.

"Me either." Arien said in telepathy.

"Like Alex said," The Emperor take a sip from his cup.

"Since you three have golden hair and were able to manifest, there is no reason to not proudly accept you three as members of the Imperial family." The Emperor said putting down his cup.

"That's right." Loyd said. "Of course." Alex said. "I totally agree!" Eiji happily said. "...??"

"Let's host a social debut for the three of you." The Emperor suddenly said make the triplets shock. "A social debut...?!" The three thought.

"I don't want it..." Arien, Arjen and Alice face change into emotionless when they heard it.

The table suddenly became silent when the triplets didn't said anything.

"You don't.. Want one?" The Emperor asked. "What?! Why.. Why?!" Eiji asked. "Ah, my head.." The triplets thought put their hand on their head.

"Is it because you're nervous? I'll escort you inside!" Eiji said. "How should we decline.. The 3 princes are so annoying..." The three thought again.

"A͢ s͢o͢c͢i͢a͢l͢ d͢e͢b͢u͢t͢... I͢ re͢a͢l͢l͢y͢ d͢o͢n͢'t͢ w͢a͢n͢t͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢.."

"A͢l͢l͢ o͢f͢ t͢h͢e͢ n͢o͢b͢l͢e͢s͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢ w͢e͢'v͢e͢ m͢e͢t͢ a͢re͢..."

"They're better off death.".. Are better off dead!" The nobles and Rurahel said the same thing.

Alice remembers what the nobles said when they first meet. She clench her dress and look down.

"Seeing how you're not responding, it must not be your liking." The Emperor said.

"That's..." Arien tried to said. "Father. Can't you say that a little more nicely?" Loyd said.

"These children are still delicate and sensitive so saying things so harshly like that might frighten them." Loyd said. "Please just stay quiet." The three thought.

"I don't want to meet anyone." Alice said to them.

The Emperor and Princes look at her. Alice grip her hand together and look down.

"The people here are scary. And I don't like the crowded place." Alice said looking away from them.

"Just who..!" The Emperor take a deep breath and holding it in because they might be frightened again.

"Alright.. I'll be postpone the party for now." The Emperor said. Alice, Arjen and Arien look at him.

After the dinner together, they walked back with some servants behind them. "It didn't even cross my mind.." Alice thought.

"I͢ e͢x͢p͢e͢c͢t͢e͢d͢ a͢n͢ i͢n͢t͢i͢m͢i͢d͢a͢t͢i͢n͢g͢ e͢x͢p͢re͢s͢s͢i͢o͢n͢ b͢u͢t͢, t͢o͢ t͢h͢i͢n͢k͢ t͢h͢a͢t͢ h͢e͢ h͢a͢d͢ s͢u͢c͢h͢ a͢ l͢o͢n͢e͢s͢o͢m͢e͢ o͢n͢e͢ i͢n͢s͢t͢e͢a͢d͢.."

"I͢s͢ h͢e͢ re͢a͢l͢l͢y͢ w͢o͢rri͢e͢d͢ a͢b͢o͢u͢t͢ u͢s͢..?"

In another place.

"Bastards having a social debut! Unbelievable!!" Count Clone said angrily.

"It seems the rumors about the Emperor's affection towards those triplets were true then..." Another person said. "He looked like he was about to kill me when I opposed it! The Emperor must be out of his mind!" Count Clone said.

"Out of his mind, huh.. Alright." That person said and smirk slightly.

"Those triplets.. I'll dispose of them immediately." He said.