surprise (requested)

You practically slammed the front door shut when you arrived home.

You plopped down on the sofa right away and then put your head in your hands, trying to calm down after the terrible day you had.

It was easily one of the worst you've ever had.

You're under so much stress from your job and it seems like it's getting the best of you today, making you feel so overwhelmed that all you want is to curl up in your bed and never leave it.

You were just about to get up and go up to bed, but the sound of your phone ringing from inside your back pocket stopped you for a moment.

You pulled out your phone and saw that Ryujin was calling you.

Usually, it'd bring a big smile to your face and your heart would skip a beat.

But today you're so overwhelmed that nothing was seeming to cheer you up.

You answered and heard her sweet, cheerful voice.

"Hi, sweet girl." She greeted. "I still have a few hours before I can get out of the studio but I know you're home from work by now and I wanted to see how you're doing."

"Hi, babe." You sighed. "Not great, honestly."

"What? Why, my love? Is everything alright?"

"Just a bad day and I'm under so much stress and I feel so overwhelmed." You said, swallowing thickly.

"I'm so happy you called. I appreciate you checking up on me like this. But I'm exhausted. I'm going to take a quick shower and take a little nap."

"Okay." She said. "I love you so much. Call me when you wake up."

"I love you too." You said and ended the call, hanging your head with a groan.

You sniffled, so overwhelmed that you felt like you could just cry yourself to sleep.

But you climbed the stairs to get to your bed and crawled under the covers, so exhausted that you fell asleep almost immediately.

You slept for quite a while, catching up on some much-needed rest.

It was only the feeling of a hand brushing along your arm that awoke you.

You gasped and jumped awake, your heart almost bursting from your chest over realizing someone was in your house.

But you relaxed immediately when you saw Ryujin standing there, smiling brightly at you.

She leaned in to give you a sweet peck on your lips, pulling away to caress your cheek.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were busy in the studio."

"I was... a few hours ago." She chuckled and sat down beside you, a bag in her hand rustling a little as she moved.

"Oh, gosh. I really slept." You yawned as you looked at the clock, realizing how late it was.

"Well, you needed sleep. You said it yourself - you're exhausted and you're stressed. You needed time to catch up on some rest."

"Yeah, you're right." You sighed and then, suddenly, a delicious aroma of your favorite food filled the air.

You looked down, finding Ryujin taking your favorite food from your favorite spot out of a bag before putting it in front of you.

"Ryujin, you didn't have to do this."

"I wanted to." She said softly, a sweet smile tugging at her lips. "You need to eat. You had a hard day, you deserve some delicious food to cheer you up."

"Even more..." you said and watched her eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Cheer me up even more. You've already cheered me up a lot and made me feel so much better. Just by being here for me and being the most amazing girlfriend ever."

"Oh," she grinned. "I just love and care about you a lot. I never want to see you sad. I know you're human and it's bound to happen but you deserve the world."

"Thank you. I love you lots."

She kissed you again, this time letting her lips linger against yours for a few more seconds than before when she first pecked your lips.

You started to eat, putting the fork into the food, only to put it to her lips.

She giggled but opened her mouth, gladly accepting the bite of the delicious food.

You moved closer to her and shared your food with her, making sure she knew just how much you love and appreciate her and everything she does for you.