ten days (requested)

"Hello, baby!" Ryujin grinned as you arrived home.

She barely let you put your bag down and kick off your shoes before she was throwing her arms around you.

"I was wondering where you went off to. You just left me a note saying you'd be back soon. I was confused when I woke up. Very cold and lonely, too."

"I'm sorry, baby. I just wanted to go get something done."

"Oh, yeah? What would that be?" She wondered as she puckered her lips, ready to lean in and steal a kiss or two from your lips.

But you put your hand on her chest and said one word that left her in shock.

"Nope."

You started to walk upstairs and knowing that something must not be right, she followed.

"Nope? What do you mean nope? You never say that, especially when I'm about to kiss you."

"I know but you can't kiss me right now." You said as you sat at the foot of the bed, taking off your hoodie very carefully.

"What!? Why not?"

"Because I went and got something done that I've been wanting to do for some time now."

"Which is?" She questioned with her eyebrows raised.

"A lip blush tattoo!" You excitedly said but Ryujin just stared at you impatiently as she waited for an explanation.

You shook your head with a chuckle, finding her confused expression to be completely adorable.

"It's semi-permanent tattooed makeup. I've been wanting to get it done since I heard about it a few months back and I decided that today was the day to do it."

"Well, I'm happy you're doing something you wanted to get done." She said as a genuine and pretty smile pulled at her lips. "I'm sure it'll look good."

"Me too. I'm very excited about it!"

Ryujin was happy that you did something for yourself, something you clearly felt very happy about.

But one question weighed heavily on her mind; an extremely important question.

"Okay, so I can't kiss you right now. So when can I? Tonight? Or tomorrow?"

"Not exactly."

"This sounds like torture. You're telling me it'll be the day after tomorrow? Two days?" She asked in shock, thinking she had it figured out.

"Close! More like ten days."

"Ten days!?" She yelled in shock. "What am I supposed to do for ten days? I can't kiss you even once? That's awful!"

"It won't be that long, the days will fly by."

"Maybe for you but ten days without kissing you? I don't think I can do it."

"Well, you don't exactly have a choice. I can't do anything about it now."

She huffed and folded her arms in anger as you before you took her hand and pulled her closer to you.

"Baby," You sighed as you brushed your fingers across her arm.

"I don't think I'll survive."

"It won't be forever."

"It feels like it." She whined as she adorably stomped her feet on the floor and pouted at you. "It's not fair."

"You can still kiss me on the cheek or my forehead. Just not my lips." You said as you pulled her onto your lap.

"This is just cruel. I don't know how I'll make it through these next ten days." She grumbled and you just giggled, finding it adorable how whiny and needy she gets for you and your kisses.

"I love you."

"Whatever." She said as she looked away from you.

"Babe," Yiu whined. "Don't be mad."

"Whatever." She grumbled. "Just know that when these ten days are up and I can kiss you, I'm not going to be stopping. You'll lay in this bed as I kiss your lips for hours."

"Why would I ever complain about that? It gives us both something to look forward to."

She smirked a little and relaxed in your embrace.

"Okay." She said, smiling a little. "Holding you to that."

"You better."

She kissed your cheek as she prepared to count down the days, feeling more impatient yet more excited than she's ever felt before about anything.