she snaps at you when you're sensitive (requested)

You could see it on her face when she first walked through the door just a little while ago.

You could tell that Ryujin wasn't in a good mood and that she'd had a hard day all by the look in her eyes and the annoyance in her tone of voice.

So when the first few words came out of her mouth, saying that she was going to go and take a long shower, you didn't stop her.

You hoped that it would help her feel better and she'd put her bad day behind her so you could have a good cozy night together.

And when she first exited the bathroom and sat down beside you on the bed, she seemed as if she was feeling better.

That look in her eyes was gone and she seemed more relaxed than she was when she first arrived home.

But it didn't take long for you to realize that wasn't the case and she wasn't feeling much better at all.

"Hey, baby. You smell good." You whispered against her shoulder blade as you leaned in to lay a few kisses on her warm, damp skin.

"Stop it, Y/N." She said as she shrugged her shoulder, pushing you away.

It made your heart sink in your chest.

"Is something wrong?"

She only rolled her eyes in annoyance, making you even more confused.

"Was your day that bad?"

"Yes." She grumbled.

"I'm sorry." You said as you tried to give her a hug, only for her to pull away.

"Stop. Seriously, what's with you today? Why are you so damn clingy?"

"I'm not clingy. I'm trying to make you feel better." You defensively spoke and she scoffed before shaking her head.

"Well, you're not doing a very good job at it."

"Well," You said before sighing. "Tell me how I can make it better then. How about that? I see you're miserable and I want to help you feel better. So, perhaps some food? I can make your favorite. or-"

"How about you give me some space, huh!? How's that?" She snapped. "God, sometimes you can be so annoying! I have the worst day and this is what I come home to! Ryujin this, Ryujin that. How about you just give me some damn space and leave me alone? That should help me feel better. As long as you're not around!"

That hurt.

Deeply.

And you couldn't even try to deny it.

As tears filled your eyes, Ryujin realized her mistake as the words she so viciously spoke sank in.

One that she always promised you is that she'd never snap at you because she knows you're sensitive.

She'd just broken that promise.

And badly.

"Oh, baby." She said as it all hit her.

She tried to reach out to bring you into her arms but you just pulled away.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it."

You jumped out of bed and hurried into the room across the hall.

Ryujin followed behind you, only to get the slamming of a door in her face.

"Baby, please open up. Let me in. I'm so sorry."

But you couldn't let her in.

You needed some space too now.

You sat down on the bed and hugged your legs to your chest as she continued to plead for you to open the door, knowing that she was going to have a lot of making up to do for this.