your ex comes back (requested)

Author's Note: Trigger warning - this chapter contains mentions of abuse. Please don't read if that makes you uncomfortable. Thank you!

----------------------------------------

"Bye, have a good night!" You told your coworkers as they headed out for the night.

You're closing up at your job tonight and since your car is in the shop due to a couple of issues with it, Ryujin is currently helping you out by picking you up and dropping you off.

So the door to enter your workplace is unlocked and since your coworkers all just left for the night, you're the only one inside.

You decided to keep yourself busy by cleaning up a little until Ryujin arrived.

It was a few minutes later, when you were in the back, that you heard the bells on the door jingle, meaning that someone had entered.

"Ryujin!" You excitedly yelled out as you hurried out of the back.

You expected to be met with your beautiful girlfriend standing there with a bright smile on her face.

You hoped she'd greet you with a hug and a kiss.

But your heart sank as soon as you saw your ex there rather than Ryujin.

"What are you doing here?" You asked. "How did you know where I work?"

"Does it matter?" She asked. "I've been looking all over for you. I've missed you."

You started to back up as she started to step closer and closer to you.

"Please leave."

"No, I think we should talk." She spoke. "Why did you leave me?"

You eventually backed up against a wall and, out of fear, you felt frozen on your feet.

She stepped right in front of you and sent you that evil smile that you always feared and dreaded.

It was about a year and a half ago when you left your ex after a long and traumatic relationship.

She was manipulative, mean, and abusive.

She always terrified you and now, you feel it all over again because she's back.

"You know why I left. I didn't deserve to be treated the way you treated me! You hurt me physically, mentally, and emotionally. You were abusive, you isolated me, you made me cut off most of my family and friends, and you manipulated me every single day. Why would I ever stay with you? Ask yourself that!"

She clenched her jaw in response.

"I loved you."

"You had a funny way of showing it." You said. "Now leave me alone!"

You tried to walk away, but she put her hands on the wall, trapping you in.

"You're coming back with me. I know a great place with no one else around. We can be alone and spend forever together." She said as she bit her lip.

She leaned in to kiss you, but the door opened and a loud voice came just in time to make her pull away.

"Hey!"

It was Ryujin.

"Step away from her."

Your ex turned around and you ran to Ryujin immediately, knowing that you were safe now.

"You better leave right now or I swear you're going to regret it."

Your ex scoffed and stepped closer to Ryujin.

"If you think I'm intimated by you or scared of you, you're dead wrong. I'm not." Ryujin said. "I only care about protecting my girlfriend. She told me all about you and if you think for even a second I will let you hurt her again, you're wrong. Get out of here."

You clung to Ryujin as your ex stared you down.

"I'll find her again. She'll be mine." Your ex said before grabbing your wrist.

Ryujin, angry and protective, pulled her wrist off of yours and pushed your ex against the nearest wall.

"Don't you ever do that again. Get out of here!" She yelled at your ex.

Your ex huffed and looked at you.

"Whatever. She's not even worth it." She mumbled before storming out.

Ryujin went and locked the door as she watched your ex drive away, memorizing her license plate as she did so.

"I'm calling the police. She will never hurt you again." Ryujin promised you.

You rushed over and hugged her tight.

"It's okay, baby, I've got you." She whispered as she held you, gently brushing her hand across your back. "You're okay, you're safe."

"Thank you for protecting me. I was so scared." You said.

"You don't have to be scared. I won't ever let her hurt you again, I promise. I'm here." She said as she kissed your head.

You closed your eyes and let out a shaky breath, knowing that you were safe and sound as long as you had Ryujin.