you catch her cheating - part two (requested)

The loud and quick knock at your front door made your eyes fly open and caused you to jump in your girlfriend's arms.

"Who could that be? It's getting late."

You kissed her cheek before standing up and going to the door.

You stood on your tiptoes and peeked out the peephole and your eyes went wide when you saw who was standing there.

You almost considered not opening up the door and simply seeing if she'd tire herself out and give up on getting an answer from you.

But you had a feeling that wouldn't happen for a while and you knew, sooner or later, she'd show up at your door.

There was no better time than to open up and tell her that you've moved on and that she needs to do the same.

"Who is it, my love?"

You didn't answer her and instead opened the front door, coming face to face with Ryujin for the first time since that one awful night.

"What are you doing here?"

"Can we please talk?" She asked. "I've been trying to call and text you for weeks but you never answered!"

"Yeah, I had a reason for that!" You said and shook your head, unable to understand why she thought you'd want to speak to her after what happened.

You knew she'd eventually find out where you moved off to.

The girls all know your new place, as do your other friends, and even if you were to tell them that you don't want anything to do with Ryujin, they care so much for her that they'd tell her your address if they saw she was falling apart too much.

Those other friends of yours are not just your friends but they've become close to Ryujin.

They care about her and it's hard to be mad at them for that.

"Please, can we just talk?" She asked again, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"For what? It's not like I'm going to forgive you for what you did!"

"I just want to try and explain, y/n." She spoke, almost begging you by the look in her eyes.

You stepped aside for her to enter.

So caught up in the conversation with her, you forgot who was already in the living room.

But when Ryujin looked around and saw Chaeryeong sitting on the sofa, looking just as surprised as she was, you feared things might get out of hand.

"Chaer! What are you doing here?" Ryujin asked as she looked between the two of you as Chaeryeong got up and walked to your side. "You said you couldn't make it to practice these last  few days because you were sick!"

"I lied," Chaeryeong said.

"You were here with my girl this whole time?"

"Whoa, Ryujin, don't call me that. I'm not your girl anymore. You found another one, remember?"

She clenched her jaw before nodding.

"My ex-girlfriend and my best friend... never would've seen that coming."

"Yeah, well, none of us ever thought you'd cheat on y/n so..." Chaeryeong said, making Ryujin's eyes go wide. "At least y/n waited until she was out of your relationship before she began dating someone else."

Ryujin was about to speak when you stepped in.

"Stop. Look, Ryujin, it's getting late and I don't have much  to say to you so can you make this quick?"

"Fine." She sighed. "Look, the reason I came here is to tell you that I regret everything that happened, and the day you left, you didn't even hear me out."

"Because I don't trust you anymore! I don't trust you or anything that you might possibly have to say! Who knows how long you and that girl were messing around in our bed in our home! How could I ever believe what it is that you have to say."

"Because I love you." She spoke, tears filling her eyes. "Even after everything, despite you not loving me and loving someone else now, I still love you."

"Ryujin..." you paused, shaking your head at her. "Don't talk to me that way. You know damn well that I loved you more than anything in the world. We had plans to spend the future together. But you're the one that ruined that because you gave our love to someone else. You cheated. You can't take that back and you can't blame me for wanting to move on and find happiness somewhere else. I deserve that and you know it!"

She hung her head with a sad sigh, knowing that you were right.

"Just tell me one thing, y/n. Please."

"What?"

"Do you hate me?"

"No." You said. "Hate is a strong word and a strong emotion.... and as much as I wish I could, I can't find it in me to hate you. I hate the way you treated me in the end. I hate what you did. I hate the way that you broke my heart. I hate that I can't hate you."

She turned her head to wipe her tears away before looking back at you.

"I broke things off with her."

"Good for you."

"I know it was stupid thinking but I thought that maybe if I did that, you'd see that I never loved her in the first place and I hoped you'd come back to me..."

"Yeah, that was foolish of you to think. Because, Ryujin, the day that all happened was the day you lost me for good. What is love without trust? I don't hate you but I can't forget what you did. I can't get back together with you knowing what you did. Besides... I'm with Chaeryeong now."

She looked at Chaeryeong and just nodded.

"You're happy?"

"Yeah." You boh answered her.

"Well, why could I ever be mad about that?" She sniffled.

"If you ever loved me, Ryujin, you'll accept that I'm happy. Please don't be mad at Chaer. Please don't hate her."

"I don't. This is just going to take some time. But, I'll get used to it. I have no other choice. If anyone can treat you right and make you feel as happy as you deserve to be, it's her."

Chaeryeong kissed your head and held you tightly.

"I'll leave now."

She walked out the door and stopped to turn back to look at you and Chaeryeong before she got into her car, a tear falling down her cheek.

It was time to let you go and let you move on.

She had no other choice.

You deserve to be happy, especially after what she did to you.

"Bye, y/n." She whispered to herself before driving away, wishing you and Chaeryeong the best.