meeting at a coffee shop - barista Ryujin AU - (requested)

"Ryujin? Customer!" Someone behind the counter yelled out as you approached it.

You watched as a beautiful girl hurried over to take your order.

She pulled her mask back over her face, covering her soft lips and her nose.

But you still heard her breath hitch when your eyes locked.

"H-Hi," She said as she cleared her throat. "What can I get for you today?"

"Uh..." You said as you looked over the menu above her. "Can I get a vanilla latte?"

"Sure!" She eagerly answered. "That'll be $4.65."

You opened your wallet and handed her a $5 bill, gently placing it in her soft hand and the beautiful but very nervous girl in front of you swore her heart might burst from the touch of your fingers on hers.

She handed you your change and pulled down her mask to send you the prettiest smile ever.

"It'll be ready soon."

"Thank you!" You politely smiled.

She nodded and then hurried to her other coworker who was working on your drink.

"I think that might be the prettiest girl I've ever laid my eyes on." She mumbled to her coworker, who chuckled.

"So ask her on a date, Ryujin."

"I don't even know her name."  Ryujin sighed.

Your drink was ready a second later and she placed it on the counter.

"Here you go!"

"Thank you!" You said before grabbing your drink and sending her another grin and this time, her knees nearly gave out on her.

She wanted to get to know you more but you walked out of the coffee shop before she had the chance to, leaving her disappointed and hoping you'd return.

And you did.

The very next day, around the same time that afternoon, the door opened and Ryujin lifted her head as it chimed.

"Hello, how can I help..." She paused as she looked at you. "Hi! You're back!"

"Yeah. I'm kinda obsessed with your vanilla lattes." You said, making her giggle.

"Okay. A vanilla latte it is. It'll be-"

"$4.65." You finished for her, to which she nodded and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

You gave her exact change this time and it left her feeling a little sad because it meant that she wouldn't get to feel the brush of your hand again, like yesterday.

"Here you go." She smiled as she placed it on the counter. "I'm Ryujin, by the way."

"It's nice to meet you, Ryujin," You said.

And her heart skipped a beat over the way her name sounded falling from your lips.

"What's your-"

"Ryujin? Can you help me with this?" Her coworker asked, keeping Ryujin from getting your name.

You stepped out of the coffee shop a few seconds later and Ryujin hung her head.

She hoped that you'd return tomorrow.

But you didn't.

Ryujin waited for you all day.

She noticed that the normal time you'd come in had come and gone but she kept hope, telling herself that you were just busy and you'd come in later.