you're losing me (requested)

You watched Ryujin storm out of the bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

Running your fingers through your hair with a heavy sigh, you wiped away the tears in your eyes and took a deep breath.

You looked around the bedroom in the dark, remembering the good times you once had with Ryujin.

The room used to be so bright, so full of love and hope.

But now, it's dark and silent.

All you do in here is glare at her, wondering if she could feel a pulse that you no longer could.

Wondering if she knew that the final blow had been dealt tonight.

You're tired, wanting nothing more than to curl up under the covers and cry yourself to sleep.

But Ryujin came back into the bedroom, standing in the doorway with her arms folded over her chest.

"Our friends are going out tonight. Want to tag along?"

You didn't.

But you nodded your head anyway, hoping to escape from your worries and heartache for just a little while.

You got all dressed up and ready to go, making your way out on the town with Ryujin.

She used to hold your hand when you'd walk together, but along the way to the party, you felt as though she was further away from you than she'd ever been before.

"Let's just have a good time. Okay?" She said as you stepped inside.

You wanted to forget about all of the fights and heartache just as much as she did.

So you let it go as you walked inside, ignoring your exhaustion and sadness.

You got carried away, losing yourself in the alcohol that was being served at the party.

The girls were all standing around, watching you and Ryujin do your own things at the party.

Things never used to be this way.

Even they can tell you're sick.

Ryujin, however, refuses to see it.

To ease the heartbreak you felt, you continued to sip on your drinks.

It was all fine until one thing set you both off and before you knew it, you were fighting once more.

"Go outside," Ryujin spoke.

You exited the party, ignoring the stares and gossip around you as everyone watched you.

"I thought we agreed to let things go for the night."

"I can't, Ryujin! Okay? I can't."

She sighed as she ran her fingers through her short locks.

"How long are we going to go on like this? Look how far gone we are. I don't even recognize us anymore."

"You're being dramatic. We've just been arguing."

"A lot, Ryujin! And for what? We keep coming right back to the same subject! The same one you're always so indecisive about!"

"God, Y/N," She mumbled.

"Look, I get it. You don't want to get married. I wouldn't marry me either. But I'm the best thing here at this party and you just keep ignoring me!"

She stared at you as a heavy breath left her lips.

"I'm the one fighting for this relationship. You seem so done with it, done with me."

She turned around to go back inside.

"I need another drink."

"Don't you ignore me!" You said as tears filled your eyes. "Just stop."

She turned back around to face you.

"I remember the times when my heart beat for only you, for us. Now, my heart doesn't start anymore for you. How long are we going to go through this? I've given you everything. You don't even love me anymore."

She shrugged her shoulders and you closed your eyes, a tear falling down your cheek.

"Do something, say something!" You pleaded. "You're losing me."

"I don't think this is working anymore." She said as you sniffled.

"You're over this relationship, Ryujin. Admit it. You're over me."

"I just don't feel the way that I used to anymore. And marriage, Y/N? I'm so not ready for that."

"No. You're just not ready for that with me."

She lowered her head.

You knew you were right.

"I've fought so hard for us. I've convinced myself I don't want those things but I do. I wanted them with you. But now, I realize you couldn't care less. You don't feel a pulse anymore either, do you?"

She shook her head.

"I got nothin' to believe unless you're choosing me."

She just sighed as you stood there in tears.

"But you're not choosing me. So you've lost me."

She walked back into the party, leaving you on the street as you sobbed into your hands.

You felt as though your whole world was falling apart.

And it seemed that Ryujin didn't even care anymore.

She'd officially lost you.

There was no pulse remaining.

You've been dead for a while, though you know she won't admit that.

You've given her everything, hoping she'd want the same things you did.

All this time, you only wanted her to see you.

But it seems that she doesn't anymore.

You were too far gone at this point to bring back to life.

And you knew that she knew it too - she'd lost you.