Chapter 1

Dogday was curled up in his dog bed sleeping peacefully, his tail wagging gently, his paws kicking at the air, his small yips echoing throughout the room. All the other critters were all awake wondering where their leader was. "He's never late, what's happened?" asked Bobby Bearhug. Everyone looked at each other then looked at the dog house they all stood in front of. Catnap walked over, and sighed. "He's asleep still" Catnap said to the others. "But why, he's usually awake before the sun" pointed out Bubbaphant. The others nodded in agreement. "True, but he's asleep this time" said Catnap looking between all the other critters. "Who's going to wake him up?" asked Hoppy Hopscotch. "I will" said Catnap as he walked into the dog house. Everyone else did their own things until Dogday was awake and ready for the day.

Dogday was blissfully unaware of the cat in his room, Catnap climbed onto a bookshelf nearby, and waited on it for a little bit before he extended his tail and tickled Dogday's nose. The poor pup's nose twitched and he pawed his nose a few times before he opened his eyes. He looked up and saw his friend Catnap. "Good morning sleeping beauty" Catnap said with half lidded eyes as he stared down at Dogday who in turn smiled up at the cat. "Good morning Catnap!" Dogday said looking at the clock. "8:00 am?! I slept in?!" DogDay seemed shocked, but Catnap merely smiled and jumped down to the ground near his friend. "Don't worry there aren't many kids today" he assured his friend. Dogday smiled at Catnap and hugged him. "Thank you, do you want some breakfast?" Catnap smiled towards his canine companion and nodded. Dogday and Catnap both headed downstairs to the kitchen to work on breakfast. After breakfast Dogday and Catnap went outside to join their friends, as Dogday stepped outside with a yawn he went towards the school with Catnap leading the way. Once in the school Dogday took a deep breath, shook off his sleepiness, and put on his signature smile. He opened the door to the class and...