Chapter 5

As everyone came into Dogday's dog house and got settled in, Dogday sat on the couch with Catnap and the kids, Alya and Angel, in between them. Dogday listened to Picky Piggy as they spoke about their day and went on a whole tangent about how it was unfair for them
to not get 3 apples. Craftycorn spoke up and thought about playing truth and dare, but it was shut down since they had kids there. "You're no fun" said Craftycorn pouting. Catnap glared at the unicorn, and hissed low. Everyone looked at him in fear, but Dogday looked with concern. "Sorry.." Catnap looks at the ground embarrassed. Dogday smiled, and leaned into the touch of Alya as she started to scratch behind his ear, everyone watched as Dogday started to pant, tail rapidly wagging, paw thumping on the ground. Everyone watched giggling a bit at Dogday's reaction to getting pet behind his ear. "Just like a real dog" commented Bobby Bearhug as she watched Dogday roll onto his back allowing for access to his belly. Both kids took the opportunity to start rubbing Dogday's belly and got him into a puppy like state of mind.

Catnap watched his friend getting the love and attention he deserved, and he was happy for him. Catnap was proud to be friends with Dogday, someone who understood him, helped him, supported him, and made sure he was okay. He truly was thankful for Dogday, and Dogday was thankful for Catnap and all his friends. As the petting stopped and Dogday got out of his trance he apologized to everyone present, but they all dismissed his apologies and told him it was okay, they were glad to see him to happy, especially with the two kids he loved the most.