Chapter 72

Hoppy startled as the doorbell rang. They looked at the door in fear thinking it was what was with them in that dark room. They inched towards the door and looked through the peep hole. They sighed in relief as it was Dogday and his family, they giggled a bit at the thought of Dogday and Catnap having a family like that. They opened the door and were greeted with the scent of carrot cake. "Woah, you guys went all out didn't you?" they asked with a smile. "Heh, good morning Hoppy, we were wondering if you wanted to hang out for a bit, we know Picky and Kicken both went to school today, but since we're off we could all hangout. Hoppy smiled a bit nodding yes, and letting their friends in. They giggled as they noticed the tiny Dogday resting on large Dogday's head. 'Softhearted leader' Hoppy smiled, and closed the door. "Make yourselves at home" they smile as Catnap goes to the kitchen with the carrot cake, Dogday, Alya, and Angel all sit on the chairs and couch in the living room. "So, who is this little friend?" Hoppy asked petting the small version of Dogday on Dogday's head. "He doesn't have a name" Dogday said taking off his smaller version of himself off his head and placing the little plush on the floor to wander a bit. Hoppy giggled as the plush crawled into Dogday's lap and curled up. "He's adorable" said Hoppy smiling at the cute sight of a tiny Dogday in the lap of a larger Dogday. Dogday smiled down at the small plushie and pet it as it flipped on its back for tummy rubs which Dogday complied rubbing the belly of the plushie as it kicked its leg in joy.

Catnap was cutting everyone carrot cake in the kitchen, as Alya and Angel came in with big smiles on their faces. "Hey Catnap, why don't you have a small critter of your own? You and Dogday could match" said Alya looking at the cat. "I don't need a small version of myself running around, I have the two of you" Catnap said turning around and giving Alya and Angel a head rub with a smile. Alya and Angel both smiled and gave Catnap a hug. "You're amazing Catnap" both kids commented, and ran back into the living room leaving Catnap smiling at the doorway they disappeared from. He turned back and started to cut the cake again, and went to serve them to everyone.