Chapter 199

Poppy looked down at all the chaos she and Jax both sat down in a vent up above all the chaos below. "This isn't good.." she said as a Picky Piggy flew up to them "hi" she said and fell down to the ground again. "When pigs fly.." she mumbles as she watches Piggy going back to biting Killy's ankles.

Something else in the vent crawled behind Poppy and Jax though. It grabbed Jax by his tail and dragged the pup through the vent. "Jax!" Poppy said turning around and running after whoever took Jax. The vent was pretty cold and dark so she couldn't see who she was pursuing but in a few minutes of chasing Jax had been dragged all the way down a long shaft. Poppy looked down at the shaft "I can't save you Jax... I'm so sorry" she looked down the shaft where Jax and whoever took him fell, and she turned around crawling back towards the fight. "Jax knew he would put his life at risk.. but why?" she thought out loud with a confused expression. She went back to the lab where she saw Jax come from before and saw Dogday on the floor, his gray torso was thrown across the room and he lay motionless in pain. Poppy covered her mouth ready to cry, but she knew she couldn't cry, she had to be strong and get help for him.

Frowny Fox stood at the window looking in, and saw Poppy come out of the vent. He saw her walk over to Dogday and cry a small bit until she looked determined about something and ran off into the vents again. Frowny Fox sighed but went inside after he knew Poppy left, he took Dogday and the grey torso and decided to help the critters one last time.