Chapter 101

Everyone went dead silent looking at the two toy mascots, one looking like a porcupine, the other looking like a cat, siamese maybe, they weren't sure, but it wasn't looking good as the toys sat motionless and silent

Everyone went dead silent looking at the two toy mascots, one looking like a porcupine, the other looking like a cat, siamese maybe, they weren't sure, but it wasn't looking good as the toys sat motionless and silent. "Wha... I- I thought we got them out of here safely..." whispers Huggy. Kissy had tears in her eyes as she avoided looking at the two mascots. Everyone was basically frozen, but Dogday walked towards the two, just as he was about to reach out the speakers turned on. Everyone turned towards the speakers in annoyance, even the two new members silently and slowly turned their heads towards the voice of the CEO. "Attention residents of Playcare, as you know you have two new members of your little Smiling Critters lineup, these two will be accompanying you all with classes, and your daily lives, have fun and smile" the CEO said laughing like a maniac before the speaker cut off. Everyone was flabbergasted, how could the CEO be this cruel, they were just kids. Dogday looked towards the two new toys, and arched his brow at them. "One smells like Alya... but the other doesn't smell like Angel" he comments making the others look in confusion at the silent mascot. It took a moment but after a short few seconds "Cameron?" came out of Dogday's mouth causing the porcupine to flinch. "What happened here?" the toys turn around to see Miss Delight there frowning at the two new toys. "The... The CEO" Dogday said as he turned towards Alya. "Do you know where they took Angel?" he asked and Alya told them what had happened.

Flashback

Alya and Angel were carried a different direction from where their friends went. They were brought down a long hallway to a lab that seemed to be almost abandoned, there was dust on the tables, thick puffs of dust were wiped off as the two were placed down. "Let's make this quick" one scientist said as her fellow scientists nodded and began to work. They were about to start sawing into the two kids but were interrupted as Huggy Wuggy and Kissy Missy broke through the door. They attempted to get to the two kids and save them, but the scientists had grabbed their upgraded purple handed grab packs. Kissy and Huggy were both electrocuted as the hands made contact to their fur, but that only fueled them further, they both lunged at the scientists and mulled their limbs off. Huggy and Kissy then grabbed Alya and Angel and pulled they to safety in the gift shop exit. Both exchanged glances as they knew they had to wake the kids up. "Wake up Alya and Angel" Huggy gently tapped their cheeks watching as they had opened their eyes in confusion. "Huggy..?" asks Alya. "Listen you two to leave this place, and escape! Never return back! Huggy explained with urgency in his voice, making the kids nod in understanding. Huggy and Kissy helped the two to the door but as the two kids ran out of the door they were separated from the toys as the doors were closed with metal bars. Angel had nearly missed being crushed under the metal bars as they got out of the facility. Alya was trapped inside and told her friend to run, and never look back. Angel had tears in their eyes but complied running out of the large parking lot. They hadn't turned around even as they heard the screams of Alya.

Alya watched her closest friend leave her, but she smiled knowing at least one of them escaped. She screams as she felt a taser to her neck and the world went black.

End of Flashback

Dogday and the others had tears in their eyes. "We failed you Alya... and even Cam, you did nothing to deserve this, you listened, were on time for class, sure you were shy and quiet, but that didn't stop you from making friends..." Dogday was crying into his paws as Cameron looked at Dogday, and reaching out his new hand, began to pet Dogday. Dogday froze, but Cameron still pet him, determined to let him know that he was fine, it was not his fault. Everyone stayed where they were while watching the scene in front of them with heavy hearts. Dogday looked towards the two critters in front of him, and he was determined to make it up to them. "Alright you two.. you don't seem to have a place to stay, and since Angel is safe we can't be letting it get to us" he got up towering over the two smaller critters who looked up to him with smiles on their faces. Dogday turned towards his friends "you guys did a great job Huggy and Kissy, don't beat yourselves up over this, you got Angel out at least" he smiled at the two monsters making the monsters feel a bit better. "Cameron, you don't have a place to stay, correct?" he asks as the mascot porcupine flinches again breaking Dogday's heart. "No..." it said quietly "you'll be able to stay with me and Alya, Alya would you be okay if Cameron shared yours and Angel's room?" Dogday asks tilting his head. "Of course he can share with me! Alya said sounding happier to have someone to share her pain with" Dogday's tail started to wag. "Thank you Alya, please show him your room" Dogday instructed as the two ran into Dogday's house. "Alright, what do we do now..?" he looks at Miss Delight. "We probably have to go through the motions of every day life.. the CEO wouldn't want us to be snooping around again, especially with all that.. you all seemed to have some trauma" she looked at all the critters, monsters, plushies, and sighs. "Maybe a trip to the counselor would do you all some good after tonight" she said as the others nodded their heads. "Maybe we can just... this will take time to get used to, but I feel like we owe it to them to help out, and make this situation more manageable for them" nobody could disagree with that, it was entirely unfair to the kids. They never got a chance to experience love from a parent, or family, and it broke all the toys knowing that.