Chapter 150

Frowny Fox was happy, but he couldn't express it. 'Life's unfair' he thought about Dogday's lesson the second day he was brought to the orphanage. The day he was brought here was a great memory for him, but if he knew he was going to be turned into this mascot instead of being adopted, he would have tried to escape long ago. He hated the orphanage now, and hated that The Smiling Critters, and Miss Delight and her sisters never told the kids about their fates here, but he guesses it's because of the obedience chips implanted in all their necks. 'Maybe they're afraid of the CEO too?' thought Frowny Fox as he sighed while the others played on the Xbox that Dogday had. "You okay Frowny?" Frowny Fox looked up as Dogday was looking at him with a concerned expression. "Yeah, I'm fine Dogday, but thinking about... stuff" his eyes looked at his tail as it gently moved around like a small worm next to him. He cringed thinking about his tail being a worm and Dogday put his paw on the fox's shoulder startling him a bit. He looked over towards the leader of the Smiling Critters, the one critter who seemed to be accepting of everyone around him. "Don't worry Frowny, it's not easy to accept this fate, but we all have each other, so we can all accept the help we get from others, and each other. You aren't alone in this situation, and if you ever need to talk, we are here to listen" Dogday said sounding a bit more like a parent, but Frowny Fox looked towards the others and they were all smiling towards him nodding at their leader's words. "Thank you guys.. I appreciate it" Frowny sent a little smile before it quickly became a frown again since the heat in his neck was excruciatingly painful for him to endure.

Smiling CrittersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara