Chapter 177

Frowny Fox hated not being able to go to the Playcare anymore, but he was hoping with good behavior he would be rewarded to see his friends again. He was always talking with Killy Willy more then anyone, but he never understood who Killy Willy would speak to when it wasn't him being spoken to. He tried to ask, but Killy Willy didn't give a clear answer instead just saying the word prototype.

As the scientist made it to Dogday's house they were quick to knock on the door, leave the husk of Sunshine on the doorstep and walk away like nothing happened, they pretended to not hear the screams that followed as Bitty Kitty and Sharp Charm opened the door with Moonlight in tow. Dogday wouldn't be happy to see Sunshine in this state, but they couldn't leave the corpse there, so they gently took Sunshine inside, and went to the kitchen table. "So... what do we do??" Bitty Kitty asked a bit overwhelmed by the fact a corpse was just delivered to them, the corpse of their own little family member. Moonlight looked crestfallen as he stares at his beloved friend and meowed sadly as he tried to nuzzle Sunshine, but got no response. Moonlight's ears are pinned against his head as his tail wraps around his paws and he hangs his head in pure sadness as his only friend who stood up for him, protected him, helped him, and even supported him was gone and left at the doorstep like some roadkill. The cat meowed as he gently slid his paw under his friend's limp one and let it rest there as Bitty Kitty and Sharp Charm's hearts shattered at the sight.