Chapter 91

At the end of the school day, while all the children were led to Home Sweet Home all the Smiling Critters went home as well, but to their own assigned homes. Hoppy had made their way to their giant carrot house humming a happy tune as they went. They was feeling a bit better about today, more happy, and back to their old self. They skipped to their house giggling a bit as they watched Dogday being chased by a hyper Sunshine. Hoppy had opened their front door and weren't greeted by peppermint as usual. 'Strange' they thought as their smile started to fade a bit, they slowly walked into their house a bit more and suddenly felt very cold and distant from the once warm outside. They turned around just to be met with their door closing, and a large figure standing there. 'Uh oh...' Hoppy thought as the figure attempted at attack them, the figure's large claws turning into a spear-like object as they attempted to impale Hoppy's skull. Hoppy dodged the claws, and started to run away down a hallway towards the stairs, as they ran up the world slowed down, and they seen a picture of their friends with them, but they noticed their face was scratched out, their heart plummeted as they kept running, the figure quickly catching up. Hoppy attempts to scream for help, but they can't find it in themselves to make a sound as they run into their bedroom, and locking the door behind them. They watch the door as the thing on the other side was hitting it, the door started to crack a bit, it's hinges creaking as the thing started to claw into the room. Just as the world around Hoppy went silent and their breathing for more under control the claw broke through the door, and raced towards Hoppy. Hoppy screamed one final time as their world went dark and the carpet went from green to a dark red.