Chapter 50

Kicken Chicken could see the silhouettes of his friends through Dogday's curtains. He sighed steeling his nerves as he walked up to the front door, he held his wing up ready to knock, but he hesitated for a minute. He gulped knowing he would have to confess, no matter how angry everyone would be with him, putting his own friend's life in danger for exploration was not what he ever wanted. He sighs again, puts a wing on his chest, right on his star pendant, and smiled ready to confront everyone. He knocks on the door, and almost immediately it opens with Catnap's face smiling towards him. "They're here!" yelled Catnap over the music as everyone looks at the door way to see Kicken Chicken standing, along with Hoppy Hopscotch. Everyone smiled and greeted the two, but the two both seemed nervous to come in. "Let's go in Kicken.. it's alright" Hoppy spoke to their friend taking his wing and leading him inside.

Everyone was talking excitedly, dancing, playing games, and Hoppy and Kicken were ,for once, not running around all energetic. It was out of character for them, and everyone found it strange, all except Boxy Boo. Boxy Boo seemed to stay near them and talk like friends often do, and both smiling critters felt comfortable talking with him. Dogday stayed near the window a lot that night, feeling very happy, even as he saw a small silhouette in the shadows scurrying through the street, and into the school, as curious as he was, he stayed put with his friends and family.

Kicken Chicken was very nervous about how he was going to start all this off, he had to be truthful, but he was scared how the others would react. Would he be able to see Huggy Wuggy anymore, or any of his newer friends. He saw Dogday make his way upstairs with Catnap probably putting all the gifts he got from Crafty away. He sighs yet again because Dogday was their leader, and he couldn't lie to their leader, but Dogday's always been fair and just when being leader, maybe he would understand.. Kicken thinks and thinks and starts to spiral until a paw is on his shoulder. He looks to his left and sees Hoppy with an apologetic smile on their face, and he can't help but feel better. 'It's now or never' he reminds himself as Dogday and Catnap come back downstairs to join the party.