Chapter 129

After they finally got Sunshine and Moonlight to settle down, everyone found a comfortable spot on the floor or the couch where Dogday, Catnap, Sunshine, Moonlight, Sharp Charm and Bitty Kitty were all sleeping peacefully. Dogday held Catnap in his sleep while Catnap purred and wrapped his tail around Dogday. Everyone was in the same positions from before, but this time they all had a restless night. Most were having bad dreams of a giant claw attacking them, others saw poppy gas in their dreams and a lanky white tall figure in the distance standing in the middle of the poppy gas. Most were confused when they woke up because it didn't seem like Catnap had sprayed any of his Poppy gas around the room, and even if he did he would be breaking the promise of never spraying the gas unless asked to do so.

Dogday and Catnap seemed to be the only two not affected by these dreams as they slept with smiles on their faces. Kickin scooted closer to Hoppy and they both spoke in whispers "hey, you okay Hoppy?" asked Kickin a bit worried when he saw her spring up in her sleeping bag. "I'm fine... but, may I be honest with you?" she asks a bit unsure. Kickin only nods towards her to let her know he's listening. "I don't think I'm really a her... I don't feel like a her or a she, I feel like I'm more of.." "they?" asked Kickin completely understanding. Hoppy nodded as Kickin smiled "that's good to hear, yeah, those scientists seem to have messed your head up a bit because you started to say you were always a girl, then you felt like a boy but they dismissed you all the time for that, you talked with Miss Delight a while back and found out you weren't either" Kickin explained as Hoppy listened intently to his words. "What am I then?" they asked tilting their head a bit "none of us are sure since you've never fully accepted yourself yet, you were still figuring it out, but we all supported you, and tried our best to help you out with everything" Kickin said as he rest his head on his wings. Hoppy seemed to be deep in thought "Kickin..?" they asked making Kickin look at them with full attention. "Do you think we could.. sneak out again, and find the office so I can look up what I might be?" Hoppy asks and Kickin looks at his friend a bit worried and saddened "I'm not sure yet.." he whispers softly. Hoppy nods in understanding as they get more comfortable in their sleeping bag, they look over at Kickin. "Maybe one day I could get to be like you" they smiled and went to sleep as Kickin was blushing and hiding his face.