Chapter 93

The end of school finally came much to each of the Smiling Critter's reliefs. They had to act normally around Miss Delight and the children to avoid any problems. As soon as the bell rang and the kids all packed up and left for the day, the critters all met up in front of Catnap's house. "Alright, is everyone ready to check? I don't have to good feeling about this" said Dogday looking towards his friends, Alya and Angel running over. "Hey guys" said Alya smiling towards the critters as they all attempted smiles back. "Hey Angel, Alya, please take Moonlight and Sunshine, and go stay with Bobby for a while, we will be back to collect you soon, alright?" Dogday instructed as the two kids looked back and forth from each other to Dogday and the critters. They slowly nodded and followed Bobby Bearhug to her beehive house allowing her to make them as comfortable as possible while Sunshine and Moonlight stayed by the kid's side. They felt worried about losing Dogday and Catnap, but they couldn't express it very well.

After Alya, Angel, Sunshine, Moonlight, and Bobby were all out of sight, the critters continued on. "It's not like Hoppy to want to miss school, especially since they seemed happy the other day.." Kickin spoke softly as they walked towards the carrot house. The others nodded, but felt an eerie sense come over all of them as they got closer and closer. Before Dogday could knock on the door, it had automatically creaked open. 'Strange' he thought as he hesitated to go inside, but with determination he pushed the door fully open as he and the others walked inside. "Hoppy?" called out Dogday "everyone split up and find out where they could be" he instructed as they all began to look around the whole house. As they were all looking around Kickin Chicken looked near the wall at all the pictures. Most were just carrots, but some were of Hoppy and their friends, he smiled at the memories in each of them, but his eyes landed on one.. one that made his blood run cold. "Guys... come here" he told the critters as they gathered around the picture gasps were heard from most of them. Not only did Hoppy get clawed out but something also clawed the picture's eyes out, making Hoppy's eyes have huge X's over them both. None of the critters felt okay with that, but since they couldn't find anything on the bottom floor they decided to go upstairs and check.

Dogday led the way to Hoppy's bedroom, with his paw on the handle he turned the knob and what they saw inside the room made all their jaws drop.