Chapter 58

Dogday was so tired. Catnap kept trying to ask if he was okay, Dogday would always say yes, even as he leans on the wall with his eyes starting to close. "Stay awake Dogday, we have to find Hoppy" Catnap reminds him as Dogday yawns and follows. They keep walking further and further in the area. They hear little giggles coming from around them. Dogday sticks close to Catnap as the smaller versions of their own friends start to emerge from the shadows and follow behind the cat and dog duo. The small critters would nip and bite at Dogday's feet and legs causing him to yelp a few times. Catnap felt bad for Dogday so he kneeled in front of Dogday and offered a piggyback ride. This resulted in Dogday sleeping on Catnap's back as he managed to escape from the ankle biters. Catnap didn't have the heart to wake the pup up so he left him on his back as he kept looking for Hoppy.

Kicken walked towards Hoppy's house. It was quiet, and felt lonely, but he had to wait and see. He knew why Dogday gave him this job of all others because if he went with anyone he would just ask a bunch of questions about Hoppy, and either annoy everyone, or overreact if they don't answer right away. "I'm not the most patient friend... am I?" he questions himself looking into Hoppy's mirror. "They'll find Hoppy, I'm sure of it" Kicken tried to calm himself down, but thinking more and more about Hoppy was tearing him apart. "Please be okay Hoppy.." he whispers curling up on the carrot couch.