Chapter 34

Dogday was asleep for what felt like the eighth time that day. Catnap wasn't about to wake him up though, Alya and Angel went back to school and they weren't coming until much later. Catnap sat on the couch near Dogday's head and gently started petting the pup. He smiled as Dogday nuzzles his paw, and stretches to get closer before relaxing again. Catnap was smiling a lot when with Dogday, they were very close, kind of like Hoppy and Kicken, those two acted a lot like siblings it was funny sometimes. Catnap was satisfied when he saw the blanket where Dogday's tail lift up and fall indicating that his friend was happy he was here with him. Catnap leaned back on the couch to shut his eyes until Angel and Alya got back. The two kids practically live with Dogday and Catnap now, even though Catnap has his own house and the kids should be with the others, Dogday and Catnap weren't risking anything because Miss Delight and a few security guards agreed it was okay, and if anyone else tried to force them apart they would have to visit the CEO for that. As Catnap slept with Dogday near by for once he was greeted with happy dreams, they were very strange to him since he always had nightmares sleeping alone in his house. Maybe Dogday's house or presence was affecting him, in a good way. He smiled in his sleep at that moment curling his tail around the sunshine canine.

Dogday was still asleep as there was a knock on the door, Catnap yawned and slowly removed himself from Dogday and was greeted with Alya, and Angel smiling up at him with vanilla cupcakes. Catnap melted at the sight because he knew Dogday always preferred vanilla over chocolate or strawberry flavored bakery. "We baked cupcakes today, and we made sure that Dogday's cupcakes were vanilla-" Alya started "just like his scent!" Finished Angel. Catnap's smile grew as he let the two in "Dogday's asleep right now, but he should be awake any minute now" Catnap told the children. "Good, because we miss you both, class isn't the same without you guys.." said Angel in a sad tone. Catnap frowns "Don't worry we will be back soon, we just got to make sure Dogday's alright to come back" he smiles at both kids as they hug him.