Chapter 191

Dogday held the mini critter close to himself, even throughout the night when Frowny Fox and Killy Willy tried to steal the mini critter away from Dogday he ended up barking in his sleep alerting the whole house, Killy and Frowny both ran away before everyone came down, but they knew Jax saw them both, they had made eye contact with him. When Bitty Kitty, Catnap, and Sharp Charm all came downstairs Dogday was holding a whimpering and shaking plushie in his arms. "It's okay.. it's okay" they all heard Dogday whispering to the plushie even as it started to cry into Dogday's shoulder Dogday held the broken plushie close to him as he did everything in his power to calm him down. "Hey.. I have a question for you" he said to the plushie after he assured everyone that they were okay. "Do you know a plushie named Sunshine?" at that question the plushie's pupils shrank.

Flashback

Jax was the first Dogday plushie produced at the factory, but he was always pushed to the back of the line by the other plushies, he didn't mind at all, but the faithful day where he seen the little boy drop the younger plushie and walk away with the CEO he knew the plushie needed help, it would be traumatized after the next few stages of its life. As soon as the coast was clear Jax had followed the scent of the scientists and watched the surgery being done on Sunshine, as Sunshine was then delivered to the Playhouse going through the tunnels, and looking around for a friend Jax knew he had to make his presence known for the young plushie's stay at the factory to get better. For a while Jax watched as Sunshine had found a sweet Catnap plushie who bonded pretty quickly with him, and for a while the two plushies would hangout with each other, even as the other plushies made it difficult for the two to just enjoy themselves. One day Sunshine's bullies got a bit carried away, as Sunshine made his way towards Catnap he was dragged away by a few of the other critters. They had a pair of scissors and evil smirks on their faces as the poor plushie had struggled trying to escape, but it was no use as the scissors made their home.. right through the little Dogday plushie's stomach. As Jax saw that he was rightfully mad, launching himself onto the bullies and attacking them for hurting the plushie's chances of ever finding a loving home again.. it was a small scratch, but little did they know that small scratch on Sunshine's belly would be Jax's own downfall.

End of Flashback