Chapter 119

Catnap was in class with Miss Delight as they waited for Dogday, it wasn't like him to be late, he often loved to see the kids. "Catnap do you think you can go check on Dogday?" Miss Delight asks, but Catnap's ears pin back against his head. "Sorry Miss Delight... I don't think he wants to see me for a while" Miss Delight was confused by this until she gasps. "You told him?!" she looked panicked and ran out of the classroom leaving Catnap and the students there flabbergasted. "Did she just..!" Catnap wanted to go after her so he told the students to stay. He went to the class right across from their classroom and barged in "Bubba, I need you to takeover my class shift for me" Catnap explained and Bubba agreed. Catnap then ran out of the school to Dogday's home seeing Miss Delight go inside. He snuck to the window, and peaked inside to see Dogday with his face in his paws, he seemed to be crying, which broke Catnap's heart, but Bitty Kitty and Sharp Charm were also near him hovering since they didn't know how to handle the situation. Miss Delight ran over to Dogday and hugged him. She seemed to be talking to him and the other two standing around. Catnap felt so guilty that he walks back to the school and started to act as if everything was fine. During recess though, his friends all asked him what happened, and why he was so upset. It surprised him because he thought he was hiding his emotions well. "Catnap you usually don't barge into my class asking me to swap with you and run out of the school in a hurry like that" Bubba explains. The rest of the critters were just as concerned about Catnap but before he could say anything Miss Delight came over. "Catnap, may I ask what you said to Dogday?" she had concern in her tone, and he didn't want to lie so he told her the truth. "I demanded why he hid his life from me... he always told all of us that secrets aren't good to hide, and that they should be shared" Miss Delight listened to Catnap nodding in understanding as he continued "but why would be say that if he was keeping the secret so big from us, his own friends?!" Catnap said a bit angered by his friend's boldness to hide that from him and all the others. "He's the leader of us, and what leader keeps secrets from his own friends?" Catnap tried to calm down, but ended up crying. Miss Delight sighs and sits next to Catnap putting a friendly arm around his shoulders as the other critters watch and listen. "Listen Catnap, Dogday was trying to protect you guys.. he remembered what his life was back then, and it hurts him greatly to think about" Catnap wasn't satisfied though. "Why would he hide it though, why from us, how did you know about it?" Catnap asks looking at Miss Delight with heartbroken eyes. Miss Delight knew she couldn't lie so she told them "Dogday was a great child, with a big heart... he watched all of you when you all were kids, and he only wanted to protect you guys" after Miss Delight said that most of the critters started to think about the day they first met Dogday.