Chapter 162

"The CEO has taken the three kids as you all know, and turned them into toys as you saw with Frowny Fox" Poppy explained to the Smiling Critters. "He isn't a good man, but he does have a lot of respect from his peers, especially with kids, they enjoy that he makes toys, and they love this place" Poppy takes a deep breath before continuing "but the orphans that come here looking for families aren't actually orphans.. you seven were orphans but, just like Dogday the rest of these kids were taken from their families and forced to be here, it's because of the CEO that these kids are the way they are" the Smiling Critters started to piece together that the CEO must've altered all their memories somehow, but neither spoke up. "I can help you all if you want, we can work together and-" "no" Catnap stood in front of his friends. "We don't need help, we need to find Dogday and forget about all this" he said with a glare sent Poppy's way. "Why are you so defensive?" she asks wanting to help. "We just need to find Dogday and then forget all this, yes the CEO did something, but if we don't listen we will be brought back to the lab, and we all with have obedience chips inserted into our necks" he explains as the others all seem to look at him with shock. "How do you know?" she asks a bit confused but Catnap looks at her with a straight face before answering "Dogday, Frowny Fox and myself have all had the chips inserted into our necks and I've found a way to remove them, yet it is a painful experience, they burn instead of shocking, and they can really mess up your vocal cords if you're not careful with them" he tries to explain to everyone as they all start to look uncomfortably at Poppy. "I mean, but that's only if we get caught, we have a chance to stop the CEO right now while we are ahead" she tries to explain but the Smiling Critters look towards Catnap as he shakes his head no. Poppy feeling fed up stomps her foot and heads back into the vent to find Kissy.