Chapter 003: 143

================================
Chapter 003: 143
================================

Rex looked at the direction of the voice and saw a dashing young man around 20 years old wearing a rich kid's Polo Sport Shirt and clean khaki pants.

A dangling set of car keys were on his belt and his entire demeanor showed of a handsome male that all female should be going crazy for.

"I think I know now." Rex remained calm and only stared blankly at the man who's emitting an intense amount of jealousy.

Amanda went to the side, as if hiding from the man using Rex's shoulder.

"Did you not hear me, peasant? Get away from my fiancée! NOW!!"

The man uttered the last few words as if they were a declaration and it only made Amanda cringe and hide deeper on Rex's shoulder.

Rex laughed at the man as if he was seeing a rock in the roadside.

"Why do I get the feeling that you're the only one who thinks you guys are engaged?"

"I did not agree on something like this!"

When Rex spoke, Amanda defended in a panic-stricken fashion. Just from this alone, it's enough to know where her 'allegiance' lay.

Rex felt a game coming so he rode the wind. He stretched a hand and gently caressed his lover's cheek which made Amanda's face blush in pinkish tint which made her even more beautiful.

"I know, love. I know."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you... I was actually surprised as well. After I woke up from the game, I suddenly saw them guided into the house by my dad."

The two still remained sweetly holding each other's hands as the young man's jealousy burned further after Rex's indirect provocation.

Just the fact that he was treated as if he didn't exist five meters away from them was provocation.

"How dare a peasant like you get close to my own fiancée!? Get your filthy hands off of her. NOW!"

Rex's brows twitched. This was the second time he was called a peasant by this unknown individual. Of all the men he had to look down on... this guy just had to fucking try and piss him off. He, Rex, with an alter ego of a God, was being called a peasant by a mere mortal that only had money and looks to parade in front of him.

With a single glance, he looked at the man. But just as he was about to scare him off with a little bit of his bloodlust, the small door opened again with two people getting out of it —which there was one that deeply reminded Rex of Gaia.

"Ara, ara... why didn't you say that you were having a visitor, Little Ama-chan?"

"Señorita! Señorita! You shouldn't have run out of the house in a rush like that. Your father was very angry at you!"

(AN: 'Señorita' is a traditional address for a Young Miss of the house that was yet to marry... for the "Lady of the House" or Queen of the Palaceis traditionally called "Señora"... and of course, these manner of addressing is only applicable to nobility bloods here in the Phil Country)

One look was enough to let Rex know that the "mother" who got out of the gate was a tolerating and affable wife and mother.

Her demurely childish candor was easy to like and it was even emphasized by her Gaia-ish manner of actions while speaking.

—I bet a hundred bucks her husband wouldn't be satisfied with just Amanda alone.

The other person who got out of the gate was, and is obviously, Amanda's maidservant. She was easily a 40+ year old woman and her panicky demeanor gave away just how 'caring' she was for Amanda.