Chapter 054: Desperate Yet Wise Atropos

================================
Chapter 054: Desperate Yet Wise Atropos
================================

The tornado outside of the City Lord Mansion's territory had already stopped expanding into 1km and this was a sign that whatever Siva was doing inside may have already gone into a stable state.

But that didn't mean that these envious people are relaxing either.

It has already been an hour.

Some of them were already at the edge of their patience —especially the contingents from the Southern Isles who owned the only Warship that exploded in Maria.

And, as fate may have dictated it, it was none other than the [Haven Dust Company], the Guild and Business Enterprise that offended the NPCs of the Kingdom of Jeremiah.

The warship that exploded during Siva's intense battle against Kyle had their flag on it.

"Do not let anyone occupy the Northern Gate of the mansion!" shouted Gaston.

He was the leader of the survivors of Warship Lozier, the warship that exploded.

"Leader! There's a call from the GM."

Gaston's face warped when he heard one of the surviving subordinates of his central command give out this communication.

Rather than calling them pure gamers, all of them can be called 'Employees' of a company.

The "GM" referred to wasn't some Game Master or something, no, he was the General Manager encharged of the division he belonged to.

Haven Dust Company is a subordinate company of [The Union] and losing a warship is definitely a big deal to the General Manager encharge of this division.

Roles in their division were divided equally according to designation, specialization, or the function in the office they belong to so although the GM can contact him directly, the fact that it has to go thru another person signified the GM's anger at the initial report of this blunder.

In a way, although their expenses are all covered by The Union and building another warship was not a big deal to them, it still was a fact that in the game, the resources to build a warship were not unlimited and that also is a problem on itself. Now that they lost a warship, getting another would be an issue on itself.

The headache just kept coming.

"Patch me thru." Gaston nodded at the Comms Officer and a conference call was made for him.

It was a video call inside the game.

"Sir..." Gaston addressed respectfully.

Before he could continue, the man on the video call raised a hand, <Spare me the excuses. What the fuck happened there? How many survived?>

Gaston explained the gist of things. And after he finished, the General Manager groaned audibly.

<I've seen footages of the fight as well. But even then, this is still disastrous. Anyways, I need you to pull your head. I have a mission from the High Elders of The Union.>

Gaston's frown deepened further. High Elders of The Union means those seven monsters of the Business World, the bosses of his boss's boss.

He gulped and realized the magnitude of this one mission. If he failed, who knows if he'd still be able to keep his job here in Terroa? Nothing was more rewarding than playing a game while being able to earn a decent salary.