Chapter 076: Siva's Magic

================================
Chapter 076: Siva's Magic
================================

The thing about Mana Gathering Spell Formations is that they can gather the Mana in the air and put it all inside the formation's areal domain.

After ten seconds, you get 3 Mana Units or just "Mana" and this will continue on endlessly as long as the Mana Gathering Spell Formation exists.

When the formation's areal domain condensed at least 10,000,000,000 (ten billion) Mana Units, the condensed Mana Particles will automatically form a Mana Stone.

When a Mana Stone + a billion more Mana Units are in one place, the formation's areal domain will also automatically form a Mana Crystal.

That's how precious Mana Stones and Crystals are and each and every one of them is a rare and valuable asset. It takes more than one thousand years (1 cycle) to form a Mana Stone and forming a Mana Crystal needs a little more.

Siva had five such Mana Gathering Formations as his personal equipment. This was at least half of the entire Mana Gathering Spell Formations setup in the Elven Country.

But how special are Mana Gathering Formations?

While all other "Spell Formations" needed Mana to activate, Mana Gathering Spell Formations are the special kinds that don't need Mana when activated and just needed to be set up on a particular place.

Its advantages lay at the fact that once you set it up, it will work on forever until it was deliberately destroyed or accidentally broken, or when it was disrupted in the slightest bit during its operation.

Its disadvantages are: unlike all Spell Formations, Mana Gathering Spell Formations are fixed into its place and cannot be taken apart or removed on its original location —or if you can move the place it was originally set up, then why not?

But aside from the given example, every Mana Gathering Spell Formation must be physically still —static, in other words— and once it was set up into place, it must be forgotten or better yet, the place it was built into must be sealed else it risks ruining and wasting the formation.

It means, once it was set up, it can't be moved or be touched in any way.

This is the big reason why setting up a Mana Gathering Spell Formation needed a lot of consideration.

Financially, the cost of setting up Mana Gathering Spell Formations is as expensive as setting up a Tier-9 or Tier-10 Spell Formations —and these're Spell Formations that, with the extinction of Gods and Immortals, as well as the destruction of their worlds, now only exists as stories since the raw materials in setting them up have been extinct or is about to be extinct as well.

Yet, once set up, the "grade" or [Tier] of the Mana Gathering Spell Formation is fixed at the 8th Tier.

It can neither be increased nor can it be reduced in its grate tier. It will perpetually exist as an 8th Tier Spell Formation.

Still, that doesn't mean that the cost of building one is cheaper than a 9th Tier Spell Formation. It must be remembered that a particular "Spell" isn't as expensive or cheap based on Tier. It is based on its [effect]. Some Spells, often those with rare and useful effects, are only possible by combining effects of higher-Tiered Talismans.

It was one of the reasons why there was the Tier Division for every Magic Spell.

The fact that Gaia had 'some' of its materials that can set up six Mana Gathering Spell Formations is already telling just how rich the pockets of the Elf Race in the Terran Alliance was...