Chapter 110: I've Decided

================================
Chapter 110: I've Decided
================================

Tears welled up in her eyes.

She wasn't used to standing strong like this. She was a gentle soul, not used to the slightest bit of any aggressive behavior or loud yelling, or even the slightest hint of anger. And yet, she just had it enough already.

Not only this Grand Paladin time and time again did not acknowledge Siva, he actually tried to ask her to get angry at Siva for this whatever "Supreme Pontiff's" behalf.

Not only did it not acknowledge anything that Hugo and Gaia spoke of about her earlier, it also insulted her presence... especially now that this Grand Paladin had already acknowledged the fact that she was indeed Terra's Saintes.

For what?

—because in this person's eyes, everything is below the name and dignity of their Theocracy?

Scion wasn't stupid. She could at least see that in this Grand Paladin's perception, nothing is above the decision of the Supreme Pontiff, that every person must acknowledge the Theocracy, that the Supreme Pontiff's decision is the decision of the entire Terran Civilization.

She was sure now, with how this Grand Paladin had acted in front of her that they have no idea of the real enemy lingering just outside their walls.

—or perhaps inside it.

This was the first time she had met this obsessive and stubborn kind of belief in a single system of authority on a person.

It's like a cult, a fanaticism of some sort, but it was not disorganized. Rather, it was as well-ordered as it was methodical that it frightened her deeply.

What more, this person actually tried to implore her to become enemies with Siva?

It made her angry. She just had to explode.

"Saintes... you...... you're on Siva's side?" the Grand Paladin was unable to accept it. Shouldn't a Saintes of the Goddess of Time be standing on the side of the Theocracy?

———SLAP!!!

It was another resounding slap on the face.

"Did you not hear me just now or are your ears unable to register anything at all? If so then let me drill it into your brain. First and foremost, I am his woman before I am your so called Priestess of a Church I don't even know existed. Secondly, you have no idea of the real hierarchy of the Gods in this Universe..."

When she spoke, she stood tall in front of the Grand Paladin and looked down at him.

Just like how it had in their first meeting, nary a tiny strand of [Divine Blessing] or any amount of [Authority] came forth when the man called it while Scion stood in front of them like this like a Lord or a Goddess of beauty and might.

She didn't let the man react at all and went on to continue, "...the lowest kinds of Gods are the Chaos Gods, then the Elder Gods, and then the Primordial Gods. Mother Terra... is a Trinity God, an existence above the Primordial Gods who are nothing more than children in front of her. She was one of the only three of her class! I am her body in this Universe and I keep her legacy safe and intact. You... are in the presence of a Trinity God's inheritor and yet you dared to order me around, even as much as making me seem like a property of your so called Theocracy? If there's actually something, your Theocracy should be the one crawling on the floor and begging me instead to set foot in your unworthy piece of land so how dare you demand anything of me!? How dare you actually speak as if I am your property? You ought to know your damn place!"