Chapter 092: Gathering of the Alliance (3)

================================
Chapter 092: Gathering of the Alliance (3)
================================

As Pontifex Romano spoke, there was a clear fire of opposition burning in his eyes as he looked at Gaia's direction.

Thinking about it now, the origin of Elvira's Magic Legacy and the [Prayer Magic] was fundamentally different but both effective, even almost at the level of being contradictory to each other.

Elvira's Magic Arts dealt with the Universal Laws and Elemental Manipulation —or as the Humans had said, World Alteration Phenomena.

But the "Prayer Magic" wasn't actually a "magic" in the sense that it altered the fabrics of reality in a much simpler scale: creating new phenomena into the fabrics of reality.

It was a [Miracle] created by the blessings of the divinities that the Gods left that the Divine Crown Theocracy the spread in Terroa as the religion to both preserve and use as a foundation of their so called country.

In a similar analogy, if "Elvira's Magic Art" is like Photoshop editing the world to establish Magic as a phenomenon, then "Prayer Magic" is the adding of details directly into the fragments of reality.

—since, after all, in the game universe of Terroa, the Gods represent the different many diverging aspects of all "traits" found in the universe.

——like how Erebus was a God of Darkness, he was but an "aspect" of its "traits"; as Lucifer is also a God of Darkness, as was Mefisto, as was Vanir, as was Batman.

Their Magic were their Authority —their Divinity.

While the [Magic Arts] and the [Prayer Magic] are the same in terms of being able to create World Altering Phenomena, Magic Arts are more diverse, especially in offensive magic, whereas "Prayer Magics" was simply divided into four major effects: Attack, Defend, Protect, Help.

Two paths to accomplish the same results... it was no wonder that the Divine Crown Theocracy was a little biased against the Elven Priestess, the one responsible for reestablishing Elvira's Legacy and sharing it to the world.

For the Theocracy, the Gods are absolute! Gods that're not part of their religions are all heretics.

Receiving their "blessings" gives one the right to cast a "Prayer Magic" and thus edit the fabrics of reality in the same effect as casting a Spell.

Mana —as it was the source code of everything in the Terran Universe— was also consumed but the difference is that people who "receive" a blessing doesn't use "Talismans" to use the "magic" but is instead given a "token" by the Churches that then becomes their overall "source" of Magic to pray for the Gods.

This is how "Prayer Magic" establishes the same effects of [Magic] and because of its practicality and lack of need for resources unlike Talismans, it was a lot more powerful in effect.

But the Divine Crown Theocracy was strict about its implementation and dissemination of Tokens.

One must first become a part of their country and forever serve their Gods before they were given the right to use a Token of just one of their Divine Beings.

This is also the reason why in the game, Players chooses the more freedom-oriented [Magic] that is offered by the Enchantment Temples, than the strict one-sidedness of the Terran Churches that demanded absolute allegiance to their Churches.

Still, the fact remains that unlike the Elves and the Circle of Magi who universalized Elvira's Legacy, the Divine Crown Theocracy established their own country that worships the Gods' [Divinities], thus becoming an open-secret competition and an unmentioned rivalry between their two factions.