Chapter 080: Order for a Certain Command

================================
Chapter 080: Order for a Certain Command
================================

If Vasuki is in Dragona, then this invasion wasn't Mefisto's plan. It was Vasuki's plan all along!

The [Corruption] of the [Darkness] brings out the darkest side of any man. It removes all limitations, all restrictions... all obstructions in one's soul that could reveal their own potential. In short, it takes away one's sense of morality and only leaves out the person's basest logical instincts, meaning, the 'corrupted' will forego any notion of an importance of life and would always redirect their emotions in the direction of taking another's life——

———or corrupting it.

Vasuki was the strongest of the Dragon Kings in the past and in order to pay his debts to Siva for saving his kin, he became his battle companion.

Siva didn't know what happened to him after the eruption of Ragnarok but Sefirah's words back in their clash; the "irony" she said of him being "the one to be burdened by his pet's curse" was in fact an indirect confirmation that Vasuki was still living.

If [Siva] had been corrupted back then and Vasuki hasn't left his side even once, then it only meant that Vasuki, too, had been corrupted as well.

A [Dragon King] without any sense of morality and respect for life, corrupted to its basest instincts of destruction and chaos, was a frightening [enemy].

The Blood Dragon God Church was Vasuki's toy and with the Sacrificial Magic they've been using to the citizens of this world, affirmed by Metheus' Intel about the Bloody Church's activities, also further confirmed by Mohindra's Intel records and Gabriel's information about the Medallion of Time, although Siva don't know what they plan on using Terra's Token for, he at least already had a very vague feeling that Vasuki's followers were aiming to revive someone —or revive him, Vasuki, if this doubt was correct.

If that is indeed the case then it explains many of the events lately, as well as the evidence of their activities' purpose in the past.

At this point, Siva recalled Gabriel's words back at the time when he fought against Sefirah.

Gabriel said that he was tasked of keeping watch over a certain [Eternal Ethereal Chains] that seals a particular prisoner.

It was a task that he was given as the Final Test for his Ascension Ceremony but he can't directly meddle into it for reasons he refused to tell, and can only guide his [representatives].

To Siva's [memories], the Eternal Ethereal Chains was a Divine Artifact that's as mysterious as the Memory Crystals that had the power to seal and imprison one's soul and divinity.

Back then, it was used to punish those corrupted individuals. Siva recalled that he once caught one Chaos God who was corrupted and they used this chain to punish him and destroy his divinity.

But, this is the first time I heard the chains not being able to kill someone and only imprison him.

As far as his memories go, there was nothing that could destroy the Eternal Ethereal Chains. And as far as his memories go, no one could survive the suppressing power of the chains.

So, if Vasuki in Terroa and the Bloody Church has always been planning to restore his power, there are two things they need to accomplish and also one thing that they would desperately need.

Firstly, they need to make Vasuki strong enough to escape the chains by himself which needs the second part of this plan: something that could at least weaken the Eternal Ethereal Chains, if not completely destroy it.