Chapter 083: Plight of The Legion

Guys, I posted something in my Profile connected to this link "https://nextbeta.wattpad.com/reader" so please have a look-see and help me out.

In the meantime, please enjoy the ten chapters.

================================
Chapter 083: Plight of The Legion
================================

Surrounded by four unblinking stoic guards that doesn't even reply with any of his attempts for a conversation, Gats was nervous as well as angry at this situation.

He didn't have to imagine to know what kind of consequences will befall him as soon as those investigators Siva relied on to come back.

Death was certain.

...and it wasn't just the sense of a "death" for your Avatar Character, it was also the death of this one particular account itself because of the rule of the game applied to an avatar.

If you die in the field, when you revive using your insurance, you will immediately revive at the last walled city you have visited.

Fields included dungeons and any sealed space of any form and kind... as long as it's natural and wasn't player-made or controlled.

But if you die as a prisoner, you will continue to serve your sentence until indefinitely, or until the "sentence" duration ends, or the jailer or anybody with a power and authority to grant your freedom settle your account and give your freedom back to you. Siva also knows this and that's one reason why Gats was so furious at him right now that he was on the verge of exploding.

Because Siva's sentence duration is 'Unspecified'!

Meaning, it could exist indefinitely... until he was proven innocent and released, or proven guilty and was torn apart and shred to pieces by Galatea who promises to him her wrath. Personally.

If only he could move his fingers freely right now, he would have told The Legion about this secret base owned by Siva, and point their swords at the Humans staying in Misty Plains to demand for his freedom.

The threat of The Legion, although Siva defeated them once, was still great —great to the level of a noble faction in Jeremiah... numbering almost at least ten thousand solid Fighters and Farcasters.

And that was something the Humans who number only ten thousand (adult, crippled, children, and old people counted in) cannot fight back against.

—that is excluding the fact that the wrath of The Legion was sure to bring their warships with them when they attack, multiplying the threat.

SS-Pandora might have been a powerful Warship once in its glorious career, but right now, it was nothing more than a Life Vessel, its armored hull might still be thick but its inner facilities cannot be damaged at the slightest or the Humans will lose their only ticket to coming back to Earth. In short, SS-Pandora's existing cannons and laser turrets are for their final line of desperate defense.

At least, that's what's on Gats' mind at this instant.

He thought that SS-Pandora was still within Misty Peak where he last thought it was hidden. After all, the Quests and Missions related to instituting a closer relationship with the Humans in the game was yet to be publicly announced, because no one in their right mind would publicize the fact that once a [Human-Player] makes contact with the Inner Circle of the Human Government within SS-Pandora, they'd be given a PNF as reward —a PNF that could allow anyone to create their very own Invention without fees and limitations.

Even those with advanced knowledge and access about them in Jeremiah were yet to actually reach Gats' level of attainment in this regard.

Gats was the only one who had made contact with President Higginson Bollard and Maki.