Chapter 124: Scouting and Reconnaissance

================================
Chapter 124: Scouting and Reconnaissance
================================

In hindsight, the entire event was a success and Anthony's group, although technically, officially, and even nobly-socially, aside from Amanda and Rex who entered using officially issued invitation from the committee handling the Conclave, was a group special in and just of itself because they aren't supposed to be here and yet became one of the pivoting special places where youths from both the nobility and the achievers wanted to get friendly with because of their special structure.

They are special because one, no one actually knew who they were. However, just from the fact that the Christiana Monarchy's heir to the throne was in this group, alone, became reason to classify this group as [special] in every way.

Two, the structure of this group was... weird. In logic, because of her identity, the Christiana Monarchy's heir-to-the-throne should have been the center of attention and star of this group but when seen from afar, the "Alpha" of this group would seem to be her escort; that tall and (very) mysterious young man. This only made them the topic of discussion even further as this "Alpha" is proving to be more and more mysterious. Even World Noble-level ladies —with beauty and their background to boost their identities— aren't able to climb the wall that is the mysterious man's dull and emptily uninteresting replies.

And thirdly, Anthony was in this group but when, as the guy writing the last paragraph said, they look at this group from afar, they'd see that even Anthony was just a decorating lantern as, though the "alpha guy" didn't talk much and only replies to question with three or four words, max, there was a clear distinction that Anthony wasn't even as much "alpha" as his Prince-title warranted him.

In the end, many people could only look at their group in "hopes" that they could strike a better conversation than the last challenger.

Even more, with the addition of that voluptuous goddess, the group became even more famous.

Cassiopeia and Niobe had slanting eyes trying to stare-until-death the possible new entry to their already compromising battlefield for 2nd Seat.

Then Alice... well, for some reason, she was in a quiet fit sharing the company with the three boys.

At the opposite side, however, Rafaela was just smiling and continuing getting close to Amanda who seemed meek when confronted of the trio with an aggressive presence.

Rex and Anthony continued to drink their wine and seemed to share a (sad) story between the two of them while, every now and then, one can hear words like "you should die" and "traitor" and "I wanna punch his face" coming from their lips like a ghost spouting their curses. The dark aura surrounding the two of them as they mouth off the curses while facing a certain glowing man is enough to say who their target was.

And as for the rest of their group, they were all either laughing on their stories or they were just enjoying the talk about muscles and the strength regimen of each party; some were even telling tales of their adventures to a group of gullible women with one being a red-haired supporting character and another a man-dressed timid girl.

If one would look at it from the perspective of those looking at this group from above, this one particular group was indeed shining amongst the other cliques built only here tonight.

*****

A few minutes more, Rafaela finished her small, interrupted, conversation with Amanda where the latter seemed confused and surprised to the content of their talk.

In the end, Rafaela was the first to disengage in their entangled chanced meeting and then point her eyes towards Rex who saw her approach.

Rex looked over at Amanda who also gazed at him, and then looked at Amanda who clenched her hands into fists before giving Rex a nod.