Chapter 037: Two Against One

================================
Chapter 037: Two Against One
================================

Another glass-shattering sound and everyone saw Sandra backing off, thrown out by the force of that sword slash carrying a weight that not even her full stats as a Quasi-Immortal could counter.

A beat later, Siva disappeared and appeared right next to Sandra and swung the Fire Sword bathed in the aura-light of his Transcendent State.

"Don't get cocky!" she roared as her other hand made to block the sword slash as if a suicide stunt.

But...

A green light flashed through that hand as binding spells, two in a row, erupted and bound the sword and Siva's body at the same time.

"Sandra!" Hossain was slower to react but he also cast a spell —no— he just stretched out a hand to Siva's direction and his fingers began to morph in a morbid way, becoming tree roots that stretched out in a hurl that helped in binding Siva.

Hossain was from the Treant Race!

A ripple in space and before the binding spell that should have taken only a moment to bind Siva, was now grasping air as Siva's figure became merely an afterimage as he teleported away, just behind the retreating Sandra, 40m at the far back.

"Hah!"

Sandra's Mana Sense deployed to its limits as she didn't have to turn her head back and cast a Fire Field around her, pushing Siva away with a burnt right sleeve and right leg.

"Heh! You're still a mortal after all!" Sandra could be said to be experienced in fighting as she didn't have any wasted efforts when she casts her spells and changed attacks and counterattacks at the right moment and opportune time. Her actions are crisp and had a sure-killing precision that even Siva was feeling pressure more than he thought he would have during this collision.

Everything might have been too long to explain but it was all happening at the speed that it takes you to breathe in and then breathe out.

A whip whistled in the air and hit Siva square in the flank —or not, as the BMA appeared from nowhere to block that attack for him.

""...!!""

The leaders of the Church Battalion were shocked to see there were two of them and at this moment they realized that only one of them seemed to be a living being and the other... doesn't seem to be breathing at all.

"Now that I actually sense it, the energy emissions coming from that puppet of yours... there's no doubt that it was from a Vajra. Hah! So you actually did the Soul Puppet Spell Ceremony yourself!"

Although he was wrong in his assumption, Siva still managed to get some valuable info from his guess.

Hossain laughed crazily as Sandra began to cast another Tier-5 Barrier Spell to protect the both of them. She didn't dare to give openings for Siva to use that eerie ability to teleport against them.

The two parties stood there for a face off.

"Where... is he."

It was a command and wasn't any sort of inquiry.

Siva's voice was coldly acidic yet placid and free of the burning ire seething beneath his skin.

No reply came from the two leaders while the rest of the Acolyte Battalion felt their legs go weak at the sight they've seen just now.

In just a matter of a few seconds, Siva had almost pushed their Priestess Sandra into a corner and even if there was Cardinal Hossain, Siva wasn't in the least bit on the defending side.