Chapter 067: The Underground People

For latest updates and news regarding my releases, please follow me on Facebook @www.facebook.com/JEReddcliffe, and/or on twitter @www.twitter.com/jereddcliffe; and finally at my blog as well @jereddcliffe.wordpress.com where I will be posting exclusive chapters for some of my stories in the future, including the Mortal King.

Please visit me on my Patreon account @www.patreon.com/reddcliffe for a little help on monetary needs, or directly send your donation to my Paypal account @ nathanreddd@yahoo.com.

================================
Chapter 067: The Underground People
================================

High note to low, sharp, long, and distinctive... it was a sound that can never be mistaken. It was a melody created by a violin.

In operas, the violin is one of the most important mood-inducing instruments out there. It can use its sharp tone to induce excitement; its long and lasting 'pitch' can induce a sense of suspense; its short but unique combinations of notes mixes into an elaborate array of emotions... for the violin was an instrument of the heart, higher than a guitar's, and more profound than any stringed instrument.

On some special occasions, the violin's profound music notes can only be appreciated if it was serving as an accompaniment to one or two more musical instruments. Like for example... a piano...

Also called a "pianoforte", the piano was said to be the perfect medium for translating the music of the soul. When accompanied by the violin, these two creates a unique sensation that induces one's emotions better than anything else in between. Of course, it also depended on the musicians playing the instruments but in the hands of a master, their music was just soul-touchingly deep nonetheless.

Here in the 87th floor, such music was playing over and over... but where singers were present, the leader of the kidnappers was there, both eyes closed, and his right hands waving like a conductor having his concerto grosso.

It went for quite some time.

When it ended, his audience looked on with dark-lidded eyes and exhaustion. How many times has it been now? once concerto lasts fifteen or twenty minutes and after one was finished, another would play... repeating tirelessly, over and over.

The speakers were just 10m away from them, max volume, with them tied on the chair unable to even move and get out of place.

Arms, legs, feet were tied in the metal chair and a pair of metal bars on their temples fixed their head in place only looking straight up front. They have been enduring this position for close to an entire day that even when they eat or when they do their thing, they weren't allowed to move away from the location.

The humiliation and anger of having to do it with people watching was mind-torturing. They're only teenagers, but right now, they were receiving the 'primer' mind-tortures meant for continental spies.

Matt was tough, at least, and had endured it all as Rio was even tougher, looking straight at the man in front of her with her wrath painted entirely on her visage.

But Agatha... this kind and gentle young woman, had a distant look as if she had chosen to forget it all and detached herself from the world.

When Agatha tried to close her eyes, one of the guards approached and with a malicious grin, he extended a hand and fondled Agatha's chest from her clothes.

"Get your hands off of her!" Matt and Rio roared as they struggled over and over.

"Don't disrespect my audience, Igorov." Said the man in the front gently that his voice sounded like a woman more than it being from a man's.