Chapter 070: Amanda's Determination

================================
Chapter 070: Amanda's Determination
================================

Amanda gasped and she looked at Rex with tears threatening to fall. She wasn't strong or someone special and she knew that. If something, perhaps she was only a pretty face and nothing more. That is why it pains her to admit that as much as she wanted to be of help to her boyfriend, she was nothing more than a burden and also a luggage that needed constant worrying about.

"Is that everything you know?" Rex said after a few moments of silence.

did he only realize that now?

John Bryn thought.

"That is everything I know." He said. "And the reason why I am telling you this now is because I want you be aware of what you are and how you can affect the Princess's life."

Rex closed his eyes and silently breathed it all in.

He then looked over at Amanda.

Silently looking at her beautiful face, pondering.

He then looked at the Margrave and just as he was about to open his lips to talk, Amanda cut him in and declared strongly, "Won't my mother also a legitimate candidate to be Queen?"

The Margrave was obviously surprised but still, the content of her inquiry was something they at the House of Bryn had already considered.

"Yes." He replied, nodding, "She is qualified. But the thing is, compared to you two... there was a symbolic significance of you being the Queen instead of your mother?"

Amanda was confused, "What's the difference?"

"You may not know this but RPG: Terroa is almost a national emblem for the citizens of Christiana. A person as famous as you, regardless —and also especially because you're close to Siva— when we announce your name for the throne, the overall support could only be... enormous."

Isn't it just a ridiculous notion? Amanda thought.

A game avatar-image being the Queen of a nation, a fans-club for the throne... is the throne of the World Noble this.... ridiculously shallow?

Even Rex also thought the same. John Bryn also knew what they were thinking and added.

"You don't know this but... the original concept of NanoTech in that game was actually a joint project of the Christiana Monarchy. We are the origins of the Nano-Technology and the countrymen know it and treat the game as source of national pride."

Shallow indeed. The two thought but then again, in the perspective of a World Noble and citizens of which were one of the richest and most 'noble' in the world, the mindset of those below their eye level might not be worthy of even a glance at them.

In short, to the citizens of Christiana Country, the so called "rich people" of third-world countries like theirs were perhaps only, at most, mid-level class citizens here.

Meaning, in the most simplest of the word, their eye-levels really just doesn't meet at all.

Rex chuckled in defeat, savouring the irony of this simple reason of sitting at the throne as queen.

Yeah, this is indeed just a matter of status and the mindset in the end. Despite their thinking, they are nothing more than 'opinions' in the end which the World Noble "Christiana Monarchy" does not need to even listen at all.

As a Margrave of such a country, he understood this rock-bottom simple yet also insulting reason for choosing a Queen but they're a "World Noble" and whoever has something to say could only shut their mouth and swallow their words down.