Chapter 020: At the Gathering

================================
Chapter 020: At the Gathering
================================

Hearing the story, Siva's heart began to regret a few (many) things the more he heard.

Firstly, of course, the death of an innocent that is now the bane of an entire tribe.

And it was all caused by him.

Secondly, he began to doubt if his —former ways that didn't care at all with anything because he can afford so— old unbridled ways were correct; or is already an obsolete method to establish himself as he founded his territory, let alone when he tries to solve an issue with that method...

—and it wasn't even a territory in terms of land, no, it was a territory in terms of "reputation". It was the key to the foundational safety of Asgard that will still protect it even without him personally being there...

Reputation, after all, is also a kind of strength and he himself knew that the greater the reputation is, the better shield it becomes. That's why he needed to establish an image to create a brand for his name... for that brand will become his shield to protect Asgard who will protect Baron... and, if his plans go smoothly, his parents —his entire family!

His third regret; it was in the mini realm itself.

Siva regretted that he didn't leave one of it behind in Asgard before he teleported to Alexandria. He could have left it for Akhenaton to guard so that he can do something with the Asgard's lack of a real territory to call its own.

After he heard the part of Middle Earth being an untapped landform for resources —a feudal region the size of Espada or more— he began to regret it instantly because, after all, he only needed to tweak at the [rules] of a mini realm and apply more [slots] into it, before he can then 'eat' up the entire Island Fortress, send it here, and then let the rest of the members of Asgard teleport back to Asgard.

That would have been a great deed. And, as far as he knows, there are only 15 or so days left for the Asgard to finish its defense perimeter... having a land of their own rich in Monster Resources, which are the very resource that is "going to be" the main livelihood of Asgard, Middle Earth would've been a nice place to establish Asgard as a country with its own naturally resource-filled land!

In fact, he didn't need the entire continent, for his plans —no— he only needed a small part of it.

Such a regretful fact indeed...

But, no matter, although his Liberty Drone outside travels really slow, it was still continuing to travel at a speed at least half as fast as flying... even while he's offline.

[Boss, Matthew is outside the house right now.]

Cortana's cue made Siva look at her beside him.

'Oh?'

[Should I tell him you're online?]

'No. I will see him. This is a good chance to do a little experiment on our project. Just maintain the defensive scanning zone around the BMA while still traveling at normal speeds for now.'

[Yes sir.]

'Then start gathering data.'

[Initiating Half-Focus state in three... two...]

ugh... this is really painful...

[One.]

Siva prompted Cortana to log him out. Even though his body was still floating in Terroa, a small part of Siva's brain waves remained online and connected him to his Avatar, thus his brain-attached adjutant controlled everything else.