Chapter 090: Gathering of the Alliance (1)

================================
Chapter 090: Gathering of the Alliance (1)
================================

It was a 'Race' that she wasn't aware of. There are no records of a fox-eared Terran Race in the records left in the archive of her grandfather.

Siva sat on a chair and massaged his nose bridge while Cortana moved behind him to massage his shoulders. Although it was just purely mental, 3% of the state of Siva's game avatar was reflected to himself in the real world. The massage somehow eased some sort of mental fatigue on Siva.

"It would seem that I really need to visit Laurasia as soon as possible and get those Mana Stones."

As he murmured the words, he thought of the whole process he just went through in replacing all of those 1st-gen Liberty Drones with the ones he already fitted with the Mini Realm attachments supporting the 'expansion' feature. The only one missing was the [upgrade part] for the receptacle and it needed Mana Stones as raw material.

It took him 15 minutes to completely edit them all.

And through this, Siva realized the 'price' of this ability of his.

of course, everything must have a price.

Through this, as well, Siva realized the difference between [Magic] and [Ability]. The Split Dimension was an [Ability] that's why it wasn't affected by his curse; that each time he used it, his Mana was still expended and that's why he was this tired.

But every [Magic] related abilities and skill spells he tries wouldn't work because of his constitution that doesn't absorb and emit Mana.

Because of this constitution....

...evoking [Ability] needs internal Mana invocation, whereas [Magic] needs external Mana invocation.

Ability phenomena affect oneself...

Magic phenomena affects the world.

While this looks like a contradictory to the Laws of Magic that he knows all this time, the strength of [Magic] —Ability or Spells— otherwise, is reliant still to the personal Mana Pool of the individual.

What defines Mortal Magics (Tier-6 spells) and Immortal Magics (Tier-7 and beyond) are those so called "cap" (or the "limit") on their personal Mana Pools, which are dependent on their vessels, the body, which houses the [soul] which then houses and defines the Limit Cap for Immortal Ascension.

While it was possible to use external resources to boost the evolution of the vessel —the body— so as to shorten the procedure time to ascension, a fact still remains that such resources, like freshly resourced Dragon Blood, was harder to obtain as it was to mention.

For someone cursed to live like a corpse who can think and talk such as Siva, not to mention Tier-7 Spells, he can't even personally invoke any Tier-1 Spells because he was technically "dead" in the eyes of Mana.

"Aaaaaahhh... such troublesome things..."

In the end, no matter how much he tries to plug that hole of being unable to cast Personal Spells, it was still an issue if he wants to contend against the true elites of the enemies.

but this short realization was still a fruit of sorts.

After experiencing this twist, Siva became aware of a tiny detail of the complex system of [Magic] in the Terran Universe.

Referencing on Gaia's explanation about the Spell Formations Magic Art, the Player Panel simplified all processes of personal Magic Art application.