Chapter 117: Party Play

================================
Chapter 117: Party Play
================================

Siva wasn't aware of the technicalities of Zelga's ability to summon a True Dragon, but he was sure that it was a dreadful ability that had its equivalent price to pay upon each use.

After all, this is a [Chaos God]-level summon. THIS has to have a high price.

And that's where Siva blinked as he thought of it.

"Now that I think about it, didn't Lady Brea tell us a few details about Zelga's ability?"

[Yes sir. She said that Zelga's ability to summon a True Dragon is reliant on the Mana provided by an attacker that attacked him. He uses that as catalyst to summon "Elementis" which, as she portrayed it, is the True Dragon before you.]

"It needs a catalyst. Right. I see. Then the catalyst to summon Labrador, it came from that knight that wore a blue armor that we met in Jeremiah. What was his name again?"

[Draco, sir.]

"Right. Draco... so in hindsight, if no one provided Zelga any Mana as catalyst, then Zelga would not be able to use that ability, is that it?"

[That's logically the conclusion, sir.]

Siva thought for a moment and nodded as he put a plan on how to deal with Zelga in the future.

aren't people like me who can't use Mana his weakness, then? Should we be thankful that Zelga's arrogance made him spill his own ability's weakness out in the public?

or was he actually an idiot or something?

[Insufficient data.]

Siva couldn't help chuckle at Cortana's comment.

As he focused his sense into the fight, the blades had already reached their "standby" positions not that far away from their initial targets. One blade a person, if his plan goes well, he'd be able to deal with these pests in under a minute.

"By the way, how long since Amanda finishes her tutorial... no... rather... how long should we stall for time until she can help?"

[Not too long now, sir. In around seven minutes, you can begin the operation. Disregarding her cat-like jumpy tenancies, her magic is truly powerful.]

Siva gave this a nod.

Though they weren't together during Gaia's Magic Lessons, Lily sent Cortana her magic lessons data from time to time.

Using this, although Siva hasn't personally seen it, Cortana had drafted him a few video renderings of Scion's current firepower.

Now, the only thing left for her is to actually have the mettle to actually step inside a true battlefield.

"Well, I wouldn't hope for that to happen. A person births his Battle Sense through actual experience, not in books, and most especially NOT when you only sit around and meditates on simulations like a thoughtless statue. Actual training is the key to the true strength. And this true strength births Battle Sense, which then tempers the heart and hardens the soul that improves confidence and courage."

Cortana, who was standing there beside him, bid Siva a glance as she smiled like the true secretary who'd learned something important from her boss.

She didn't say a word, afraid of disturbing Siva's thoughts who she was reading at this moment.

But she, only she, knew that Siva was simply just recalling his own experience and stating what he'd actually learnt and taught all his students back then about the important of courage, bravery, and most of all... [Battle Sense].