Chapter 078: Contract Signing

Guys, truth be told, I'm really thankful to you all.

Thank you.

I know the story's been shifting lately and the events are happening too fast to not only the MC's pace but also the readers' but please know that I have a purpose for it all and that this entire thing happening right now is but a single event in Siva's quest.

Please enjoy them and at the end of this event, you will know the reason why I have to write Siva as being "this" powerful, OP, and this.......... impulsive.

Please let me know what you think on the comments below.

================================
Chapter 078: Contract Signing
================================

"Greetings, Siva, I am Stark of the Atropos Group, I have come to meet you and wanted to request a trade..."

"What are you trading for what?" Siva didn't dally for greetings.

"Information." Stark said. "I have vital information about you from the Walled City of Dakar." He bid a pause for a moment and went on, "After your latest clash with The Union in Maria, a certain girl with waving long blue hair in a ponytail visited the office of the Seventh Elder and stayed there for close to an hour. One of my assets who managed to be cleaning the door close to the 7th Elder's office used his Initial Ability to listen to the content of their conversation. He didn't hear it all but said something about the Church, a Kid, and a Father which was connected to your name in every sentence they spoke. The girl is called Kira, as my informant said. The Union is going to make their move on you soon."

Spies —his opinion of them somehow increased at the mention of Stark's contact in Dakar. He then thought about Julian and Gaia's introduction about the girl and her willingness to work for him.

When he heard the news, Siva's heart began to beat heavier. His chest also rose and fell hard as he tried to control his surging emotions.

His breathing was so rough and loud that it scared the female members of Atropos behind Stark.

"And it was just a couple of hours ago?" he said with a hoarse voice.

"Yes." Stark said, face serious, "You're our backer so I felt that telling you this information will make our partnership in the future even closer. I don't want anything material in return. Instead let the Atropos work as your underlings... at least until... until...... until we find the way to go back into that place. We just hope that you could bring us with you if you somehow find a way to travel back in time... or at least be able to visit a certain time period, the Era of the Gods..."

At the end of his words, Stark actually sounded and looked like he was begging. But he didn't show it on his face and only gestured calmly and casually as if explaining a presentation.

Siva also understood. These guys had chosen not to listen to his warnings and still wanted to go back to that time period, millions of years ago, and risk their health just so they could enjoy that life.

If one day measured 10,000 or more years, then perhaps only a moment would pass by and he'd already met Zeta by then. But the question is, how does it work going back in time and catching up to the current? Does it catch up like slowly but surely, the flow of time accelerates as the years go by, or does it only work for a single moment and once a certain condition is met, a time gate will open and bring the traveler back in his own time period?

Siva couldn't help feeling astounded at this Stark's bluntness about their request. Even more so, he couldn't help but admire their dedication to their one obsession. This kind of desperation was also dangerous. Who knows if they'd betray him for a person who could bring them back in time?