Chapter 125: The Military Recruitment List

================================
Chapter 125: The Military Recruitment List
================================

Still, you have to give her credit for being a pro at her job because at the very final moment before her opening speech, it's like a different person is standing in that stage gazing jovially at her crowd.

{Ladies and gentlemen... handsome and pretty ladies... geniuses and nobles of the world... it is my deepest pride and greatest pleasure to welcome you tonight...}

The way she spoke gathered ears and her voice is enough give the impression of her being a real "beauty" as all her actions were practiced, relaxed, and natural —she was indeed a different person when working. She was a total entertainer.

*****

'Cortana, can you scan the entire venue for any guy resembling Zaza and Redeye's description of that Afro Samurai, Hijack?'

[I'm on it sir.]

'Don't let up with the communications monitoring.'

[Affirmative.]

*****

{You can simply call me Mousse and I will be your host for tonight's small gathering event!}

The crowd's eyes and ears were now gathered to her direction and for those who had shallow ability to concentrate, they'd be roused into hearing and looking at her with her energetic welcome. Who wouldn't want to hear and see a beautiful lady like her hosting in that spot light?

Then again, this year's theme was rather odd, if it was put into words.

Supposedly, it was a medieval masquerade ball in a slightly modern setting as there were servers in white tuxedo running about, carrying trays of food and drinks, attending to the guests, making them feel good with their services.

But then, there were the "rule breakers" —those World Nobles and their retinues. They were a few of them around and although they wore masks as they suited and princely and elegantly, they were still a little far off to the actual theme of the party.

It was supposed to be a medieval night where the men have knightly capes and plastic swords, with embroideries of different colors, decorations, and ranks, shoulder paddings and laces, and all ladies should have been conservative; yes, perhaps a bit flirty with their fans from their handkerchiefs to their gloves, but all in all, because they were too eye-catching, the theme of the night was broken and here came the reconnaissance dress codes where everything and everyone else battled for attention on who's dress and presence was best.

To add something more broken to this theme, the host of the night was a celebrity from Hollywood who was either ordered to wear something sort of post-reconnaissance noble gown; with the flowing one piece navy-blue dress and revealing cleavage with a pair of elbow-long gloves.

She looked broken for the night's theme, but still beautiful nonetheless. If something, she actually looked like some princess of a country who once froze their lands in the middle of summer.

POOM—!!

After her opening speech, Real@D renderings of magical lights like that of aurora sparkled above and around her, scattering and spreading towards the entire crowd to engulf the entire venue like a spiraling color of a galaxy with her at the midst.

Many people expressed their amazements with a cacophony of differing reactions, drowning them all with a spreading excitement at the sight.

{Tonight... is a gathering of talents! We're here today to witness the future leaders and innovators of our civilization! We are gathered here to be a part of this annual historic gathering of the world's premiere talents that, one day, can shape where the world will be heading to!}