Chapter 064: Kidnapped!

================================
Chapter 064: Kidnapped!
================================

A princess.... a Crown Princess...

Wait.

Carl said something else about her legitimacy for the crown but he didn't tell him what kingdom she was a legitimate heir to, although he did say it was on some Queendom.

What Queendom, exactly?

'Cortana.'

[Searching... search finished. There are only two Queendoms in the planet. The first is the country of Alkie, major exporter of 8% of all alcohol-type beverages in the world; with the second being the Christiana Monarchy, a World Noble.]

Rex's heartbeat rose abnormally fast as soon as he heard the last of the two results.

He had every reason to doubt that it must've been the Christiana Monarchy that was Amanda's family background since Rex had once dealt Alkie a tiny blow when he outsmarted their economy by a tiny fragment of their exports as Mitra.

If he wanted to, in fact, given enough resources and time, he can manipulate and claw his way into their economy, becoming an overlord who can bid a death sentence to their country.

Of course, he wouldn't do that.

But he had once the thought of it because aside from that country's export business, all other parts and aspect of Alkie's Queendom Sovereignty was not remarkable enough to make President Ethan of Panorama Corp to personally fetch an heir to.

Thus, Rex had every reason to doubt that it might actually be the Christiana Monarchy that made the two of them fly over to personally meet with her.

——and this is because, as Rex pondered deeper into this matter, Amanda doesn't have any notable achievements to her name and yet for five years straight, she's been consistently receiving many invitations to join The Conclave.

The Conclave is the gathering of geniuses of the generation. It was also a chance for the UNICORN and the other world-level powers to see if there're some candidates that they can entice to join their fold and increase their... national strength.

A thought suddenly lit up in his mind like a bulb.

Perhaps the reason why Amanda was invited into The Conclave is because the Christiana Royalty is trying to establish contact with her.

but Carl said it was because she's a legitimate successor to the throne... could it be the reason why she's being invited to The Conclave is...

At this point in time, he suddenly recalled her tale about their current address that she told him as a passing remark the day he met Angus Gregory.

She said that the house was given to them by an unknown person and that they thought it was the inheritance meant for her grandmother on her mother's side.

'Well, shit...'

[Should I hack Carl's Communicator Device and see if there are records that can help us?]

'Better. Be careful. First, cut the connection of the plane to the Net and then hack it just to be sure that there are no backup servers supporting the security protocols of his device.'

[Roger that.]

Rex's few moments of deep silence made the two execs in the plane bid him a turbid glance.

Carl narrowed his eyes, "Are you alright?"

"Huh?" Rex blinked at him and hit his head, "I, ah, ehehehe... I'm sorry. I was just shocked... you know... Amanda's never been a princess in my eyes but now you suddenly saying she's actually a princess were kind of... well...... it complicates a lot of things."