Chapter 048: Another Elder for the Day

================================
Chapter 048: Another Elder for the Day
================================

Siva dived down and let himself feel the pull of gravity alongside the resistance of the air wall.

His descent created a whistling sound, echoing in all directions, pulling eyes and startling ears with the whistling wind.

When he was 200+ meters from the ground, he gave a mental command to temporarily remove one Space-Locking Pillar from their tri-formation and then blinked his path towards the ground.

In just four blinks he was inside the walls of the mansion's outer courtyard, to the shock and the surprise of his enemies still stunned at the feat behind his back.

Even upon his landing, there was only the light sound of 'tap' as the wooden soles of his shoes touched the cement-paved ground below him.

"Where the hell is he?!!" someone exclaimed but all of them had the same thoughts.

They lost Siva.

Not one of them could even imagine that he was already behind them, inside the decorative iron gates of the mansion's inner courtyard's wall.

Space rippled again and there came the sight of the Black Knight BMA carrying the War God Axe as it slashed an unsuspecting victim in half before dashing out to deal with a second, then a third, and a fourth...

Only when the fifth victim cried in despair did they react —and realize— that Siva had actually already appeared behind them. Alas they were all too late.

"He's behind us!"

"Kill him!"

"Take him down!"

Like ghosts, from afar in their current battlefield, the BM-Puppets and Tai Long vanished without a sound and appearing next in this area, right behind the axe-wielding Black Knight BMA who moved like the wind to destroy the foundations of their ranks. After all, those behind these Acolytes are those with the strongest firepower amongst them —they were the in-rank leaders!

Thus the slaughtering continued.

Cries of defeat echoed here and there.

The Gunslinger and Sword Master spread their horrors as they protected the mansion and did not let anyone enter the area they're protecting.

The Gunslinger provided cover fire while the Sword Master used its fire-proof Fire Sword to cleave every spell —regardless of its element— that came after them.

Looking at its swordsmanship, any master out there would immediately recognize that the man wielding that Fire Sword, albeit his remarkably fluid stance and manner of execution, had not a strand of [presence] or [intent] within it.

—or in their martial artist's words, empty. It was nothing more than a man swinging a sword with a good form.

Of course, they couldn't be wrong. It was, after all, a mere puppet programmed to react and put into motion command executions provided by its encoded protocols. In other words, it was Math given a physical body.

Its "sword mastery" was pure technical mastery, nothing else. In fact, looking at it closely, those "moves" were all flashy and full of bravado with a lot of beauty to it than it was essence.

—and these are all terms that Siva cared not a speck of a particle about.

After all, they were taken away from all types of movies, anime, novels, and manga as the base references to its response algorithms.