Chapter 145: Brynhild Shows Her Fangs

================================
Chapter 145: Brynhild Shows Her Fangs
================================

[Boss, should I terminate the event program?]

In Rex's vision, the unknowing "crowd" of testees was still in the private server. If there's something wrong then it's the fact that their Squad Leaders, Drillmasters, and other "adults" that served as their proctors, were all teleported away. The only ones left were the candidates.

"Urgh..." Rex made a groan as he flicked away his right hand, fingers away, whipping the broken and dislocated bones on his hand back into place. "He was strong for an old man."

[Scan shows that his body is made of 40% metal and 60% flesh. He's a complete cyborg but there was a difference between you and him.]

'I know. His transplants were all made to extend his life and not to enhance his body.'

[Boss, in the future, he will try to attack you again.]

'But we can't kill him here. If I do, then the entire Phil-country will face the wrath of Abraxas Family so letting him live is the best thing we could do.'

[At least breaking his limbs should be doable.]

'...'

[I was just joking.]

'Please don't. Your monotone and words just fit in perfectly for some reason, it's scary.'

Rex looked around the room. There wasn't much here to his interest aside for the metal case but he already knows what was inside it. Furthermore, he was in possession of a complete original version so this "copy" wasn't necessary to him.

The fact that he was able to switch which was the original and the copy was simple. With Cortana's ability and a +30% boost from the satellite facility that Thorn provided, Cortana just had to switch its Origin Data-Signature into (1) and (0). It was that simple but without Lily's momentary protection the entire thing wouldn't be possible.

'Thank Lily for me, Cortana. By the way, where's Kanzu's group now?'

[Kanzu's team is already escorting the Asgardians to the secret hideouts. Loni has been delivered to the designated hotel and was spending her time in front of holo-TV watching news and trying to make contact with someone.]

'She's probably trying to contact Goldwyn. With an outage this large, some things are bound to have large problems. You made sure there're no patients in operation in any ORs, yes?'

[Yes sir. I've at least postponed their schedules for an entire hour. That's time enough for Lily and me to hold on and reestablish Echelon Network in its new environment using Chronos' Office.]

This news made Rex beam widely. He glance back at the sleeping old man and looked at the metal case once again.

'Destroy it.'

[Yes sir. Ah, by the way Boss, I've already located that guy in the event. Apparently, he's a member of the next squad we were supposed to attack if this entire thing didn't happen.'

'Ho?'

Rex beamed even wider and laughed. Since they already kicked out the controller of the entire event, Cortana managed to find the real-world info of the last member of Blue Card Legion that was in attendance here in the Conclave, Hijack.

*****

An announcement was abruptly made in the entire Grand Hall and the thirty candidates were selected just like that without any suspense at all.