Chapter 138: Fell Gibson

================================
Chapter 138: Fell Gibson
================================

Gibson felt a cold hand touch his nape.

He was about to make a jump towards an open area but decided to stop and look around.

True enough, his years of experience made him aware that he was being watched and just as he turned his head towards the third three on his left side, he saw a SpyCam looking at him from a gap between two thick branches.

His face turned into a smile, "Genius indeed."

One second later, he pulled out his handgun and shot the SpyCam, destroying it, and then running off to where he calculated Rex Kingsley would be at about 300 meters or so away.

*****

"He's good." Rex said and tucked away the pen-tablet console back to his thigh pocket.

Rex looked around him and finished setting up his trap. Unlike his earlier hidden traps, this was a controlled trap that could be activated by his own hands once the target was closer.

He ran behind a boulder with the Garrote Wire in his hand then placed the rifle in a waiting position, ready to pull the trigger as soon as the target was in sight.

The boulder itself wasn't even in a proper sniping location and a sniper would even say that it was a place too low in elevation to be advantageous and too large to be an actual cover that it hinders any beneficial position for sniping targets in any side.

In short, the boulder was more of a hindrance as it was a strategic shelter.

But Rex chose this place not because it can be used as a cover but because it hinders eye sight.

The direction of the target was coming from the east and the setting sun was behind him. Rex is given a shadow cover in addition to the blinding sun that could hinder his target's eyes.

[200 meters.]

The warning rung in his ears alone.

Unfortunately, as advantageous this angle was, it was on the edge of the mountain side and the big boulder was a piece of large rock that fell from a landside from long ago, thus its awkward position and location at the slope-side.

The direction the target is coming from is covered by the slop like an arc. The slop inclines towards the south and the valley was below to the north.

Rex checked the clip, six bullets, one at the chamber, ready and locked.

[150.]

He breathed in. He breathed out.

Rex had to time his attack accurately or he would miss this chance to ambush the assassin.

The forest stretches to the east, the trees slowly becoming scarcer the further down the valley you go as it was flat lands with a shallow river and the nearest Resource Hotspot the further below.

He only needed the target to enter the nearest 90m and even if there was still the soil and the land between him and the target, the Anti-Tank's large caliber would still have enough power left in it to penetrate through the soil and go straight to the unsuspecting target straight on the other side.

[120.]

The target was still running. There was a footpath at the side of the steep slope and although it was the proper way to go down the mountain, such a path was a huge no-no for seasoned veterans like Gibson and his peers.

Rex understood this as well.

That's why Rex didn't expect Gibson to use the footpath and instead cross the mountain the same way he did —directly straight from the forest and down that slope in a diagonal route.