E1P8: The First Dinner

[Signal House, Heart Signal X2 Day 1]

Taehyung: Guys, dinner is ready!
After Taehyung and Jisoo had prepared the dining table, he called the other residents over to the dining table. The residents came over a short while later, completely famished.

Namjoon: What have we got here- fried rice?Jisoo grinned

Jisoo grinned.
Jisoo: It's kimchi fried rice! And these here are pork chops.
Hoseok scratched the back of his neck.
Hoseok: Sorry, no offence, but what are the green stuff on the pork?
Taehyung smiled innocently.
Taehyung: It's the marinade, hyung, don't worry. It's tasty.
Hoseok frowned unbelievingly.
Jennie: Shall we all take a seat?
The residents all take their seats at the table, with Taehyung, Jisoo and Jennie on one side, and Namjoon, Hoseok, Chungha and Soyeon on the other, in this specific order. Taehyung poured some wine for his fellow housemates, they clinked their glasses together and got ready to dig in.
Taehyung: Before we begin, I'd like to say something.
Namjoon: What is it?
Taehyung: We really put in our best effort to prepare this meal so I hope that you all enjoy it.
Jisoo nodded in agreement.
Hoseok: Yeah, I think what's most important is your sincerity. Thank you for preparing dinner for us tonight, Taehyung and Jisoo-ssi!
Jisoo pursed her lips, the corners of her lips turning upwards slightly.
Jisoo: Please enjoy.
And the residents dug in. The reaction to the food was almost instant as once the food had entered their mouths, the expressions on their faces changed immediately.
Namjoon: What did you put in the pork chop?
Taehyung was trying hard not to laugh.
Taehyung: Herbs.
Hoseok looked like he was about to gag.
Hoseok: Um, Taehyung-ah, did you happen to put vinegar instead of soy sauce into the fried rice?
Taehyung and Jisoo locked eyes, their faces splashed with realisation.
Taehyung: So that's what it was, no wonder it tasted so sour.
Chungha's mouth was full of food, yet she wasn't chewing, nor swallowing, nor spitting. It was like, she just froze then and there.

Jisoo: Are you alright, Chungha-ssi?Chungha shook her head

Chungha shook her head.
Hoseok: You should just spit it out.
Hoseok reached over and handed Chungha a serviette.
Hoseok: Are you okay?
Chungha turned away, spitting into the tissue.
Chungha: I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be rude or anything, it's just that the flavour was a little too strong for my palette, it's not that it's bad-
Soyeon: Yeah! It's good effort!
Soyeon had barely even touched her plate after seeing the reaction of her fellow housemates.